Re: EA Connect not an option

by j8070800ut16

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @j8070800ut16

Yes, there's some things we can try. Before doing so though, now would be the best time to note down your Player ID and Ally CodeOnce you've saved those details somewhere for yourself, double-check these two things real quick: 

• Check your app store for updates: Android Steps
  • Check that you're set-up to a Wifi-connection and not using mobile data. . 

There are other basic troubleshooting steps in that article to try and it's no harm running through those either. If none of these steps help that connect option to appear though, it suggests that the issue is almost definitely the age thing. 

Without getting into case specifics (like email address, names, ages, etc), how did things go with the support team? Did they pull up your SWGOH account and check the age register to it??

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 11 of 24 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Lanna  I have gone through those steps a few times, that is where I always get sent to start.  

I have yet to have a person on the phone or in game check out my account that I am aware of. In fact I asked a person directly to check to see if it was just under my daughters account and they told me they cannot do that.   My daughter has adjusted her age on google to mine just in case.  EA had previously done something about  6 years ago to this account to allow me to have in game chat and make purchases through my google play, but I am still stuck signing in with her google account (which is something I would love to fix).

I just went and cleared the whole phone cache and reinstalled the application, previously I had just done it in that specific game.  This has not changed anything.

I have screenshots of player ID, ally code, etc.   

Message 12 of 24 (1,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @j8070800ut16

Ok, I can see where things are getting mixed up on the support side. So, the agent is correct in that the EA support team wouldn't be able to pull up accounts from other companies, the Play store for example would be Googles domain. 

As you're looking for the 'EA Connect' option, which tries to connect the SWGOH gaming account to the EA account, it's these accounts we'd want a look at and the Live support team can check on both of those accounts for you (you can see your EA account's DOB here). That Date of Birth for both of these accounts needs to be above the age of 18. 

What I recommend doing now is:

• Create a new case and title it something along the lines of: SWGOH: EA Connect option missing - Help correcting Date of Birth
  • In the text window add something to this effect:
    @EA_Lanna wrote:
    I'm having issues selecting the 'EA Connect' option in-game. I've spoken to a Community Manager on Answers HQ and we've run through the troubleshooting steps to rule out any technical issues. EA_Lanna believes the 'EA Connect' option may be missing due to under 18 account restrictions that are coming into play and said both my EA account and SWGOH account need to be above the age of 18+ for this specific option to appear. She's advised me to reach out to EA support to check these dates of birth and for help with updating the ages on both of these accounts if needed, and that this should help rectify the missing 'EA Connect' option. My Player ID for my SWGOH is: <insert ID here> and the email on my EA account is <insert email here>. Thank you for your help. 

That should help prompt the advisor to check for the DOB's on both accounts. If the DOB is registered as under 18 for one or both of those accounts, you'll need the advisors help to 'Age-up' the accounts. They'll ask you at that stage for proof of age to ensure you're not a minor chancing their arm to get access to features currently not available to them (read for more on that). There'll be set criteria as to what's accepted to prove that but once that's been verified, they'll update the DOB for both accounts and you should be able to use the 'EA Connect' option from there.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 13 of 24 (2,360 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna  after over an hour of chatting and a lost chat, I was just told changing a birthday can only be done through the mobile (in game) support.   I couldn't even get them to tell me what the birthday was, although I suspect it was my daughters.  Back to mobile I go......

Message 14 of 24 (1,517 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Lanna you are a star, thank you !  It was exactly what you said it was, all is working.

Message 15 of 24 (1,492 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @j8070800ut16,

Ah fantastic! I'm glad you finally got sorted with it. Thanks for updating the thread to let me know.

All the best,

EA_Lanna

Message 16 of 24 (1,469 Views)

Account

★★ Newbie

I have some problems to link my swgoh account with my ea account. I don’t have an EA connect button at Settings. I have just Facebook, Apple, link a Device or delete account buttons.

Message 17 of 24 (1,158 Views)

Re: Account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @kerem4l3md4r,

I've merged your thread in with this existing one on the topic. Could you check out the pinned post/accepted solution and follow the advise I've shared in there please? You'll need the support team's help on this one if that's the error message you're encountering. Please send in a case from in-game, here's how: How to contact support

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna

Message 18 of 24 (1,145 Views)

How can I change my in game

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I am facing a problem with my account in Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes, I am trying to link my guest account that I have on my phone from Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and I cannot do it because when I created my account 3 years ago I quickly entered my age to be born in 2009 by mistake because I didn't know it would affect some of the games settings and features and I didn't pay much attention.Now I can't use the Chat settings and Connect buttons, because the game thinks I am 14 and a half and until I reach 15 the game doen't allow for these features to be enabled. So is there any way any EA or SWGOH employee help me enabling these buttons so I can finally link my game to my gmail and not have to endure another year almost, of panic attacks when the game crashes and I need to re-install it?

Thanks in advance for the help!!! 

I have linked how it should look like and how it looks for me right now...

Message 19 of 24 (1,010 Views)

Re: How can I change my in game

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @wwvl4987v346

In short, no - not through the forums. You will need to contact our support team directly using the steps outlined here: How to contact support

The support team is needed as updating account information requires verifying you are the owner making that request which we can't do through any other channel. After that stage is passed, they'll then ask you for proof of age to ensure you're not a minor chancing their arm to get access to features currently not available to them (read for more on that). There'll be set criteria as to what's accepted to prove that but once it's been verified, they'll update the DOB for your account and you should be able to use the 'EA Connect' option from there.

- EA_Lanna

Message 20 of 24 (976 Views)