EA Connect not an option

by Resolute_Archer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Connect not an option

★★★ Novice

EA Connect showed up for everyone except one person in our group.  Is there something more than checking the setting to get it to work?  (For that player, they see the same thing on their phone and tablet device) 

Message 1 of 24 (1,401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA Connect not an option

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @j8070800ut16

Ok, I can see where things are getting mixed up on the support side. So, the agent is correct in that the EA support team wouldn't be able to pull up accounts from other companies, the Play store for example would be Googles domain. 

As you're looking for the 'EA Connect' option, which tries to connect the SWGOH gaming account to the EA account, it's these accounts we'd want a look at and the Live support team can check on both of those accounts for you (you can see your EA account's DOB here). That Date of Birth for both of these accounts needs to be above the age of 18. 

What I recommend doing now is:

• Create a new case and title it something along the lines of: SWGOH: EA Connect option missing - Help correcting Date of Birth
  • In the text window add something to this effect:
    @EA_Lanna wrote:
    I'm having issues selecting the 'EA Connect' option in-game. I've spoken to a Community Manager on Answers HQ and we've run through the troubleshooting steps to rule out any technical issues. EA_Lanna believes the 'EA Connect' option may be missing due to under 18 account restrictions that are coming into play and said both my EA account and SWGOH account need to be above the age of 18+ for this specific option to appear. She's advised me to reach out to EA support to check these dates of birth and for help with updating the ages on both of these accounts if needed, and that this should help rectify the missing 'EA Connect' option. My Player ID for my SWGOH is: <insert ID here> and the email on my EA account is <insert email here>. Thank you for your help. 

That should help prompt the advisor to check for the DOB's on both accounts. If the DOB is registered as under 18 for one or both of those accounts, you'll need the advisors help to 'Age-up' the accounts. They'll ask you at that stage for proof of age to ensure you're not a minor chancing their arm to get access to features currently not available to them (read for more on that). There'll be set criteria as to what's accepted to prove that but once that's been verified, they'll update the DOB for both accounts and you should be able to use the 'EA Connect' option from there.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 13 of 24 (2,361 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know of a solution but I can tell you it's not an isolated incident. There are many people with this problem.

Message 2 of 24 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you… hopefully EA will fix it or someone will share what is causing the problem.

Message 3 of 24 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello @Resolute_Archer 

Just out of curiosity.. is your friend in the group using android or apple? From what I have seen posted about this issue it seems to be always on an apple device. 

Message 4 of 24 (1,330 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe just Apple. 

Message 5 of 24 (1,269 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Resolute_Archer

I'm catching up with threads on this board. Did you get sorted with this since your last post? Did you contact the support team? 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 24 (1,076 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue but I am on Android S22.   I log onto the game and only see Facebook Connect and Google Play Connect, there is no EA option.  I have tried uninstalling and installing the game.  Kind of frustrating.

Also tried to use the help button (in game), but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Message 7 of 24 (1,065 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @j8070800ut16

Thanks for that context. Typically when this issue occurs it's due to age restrictions limiting the account from connecting online. Tends to happen when the date of birth input states your a minor. You did the right thing by trying to contact the support team. If a few days have passed with no response to your case, grab the case number, along with your Player ID/Ally Code (just incase it's needed) and try contacting the support team through live support (Phone/Chat). They can use those details to pull up your account and look into things from there.

- EA_Lanna

Message 8 of 24 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wasn't given a case number and haven't been contacted yet.  Age shouldn't be an issue, hopefully we can get it fixed.

Message 9 of 24 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well  I talked with three people directly (chat) from EA that really were not able to help.  Anything else you suggest Lanna ?

Message 10 of 24 (970 Views)