EA Access Major Flaw

by trigston

Original Post

EA Access Major Flaw

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I recently purchased a year of EA Access, then immediately cancelled, so as not to be billed again next year. As I cancelled it said my subscription would be active until next year (2019).

I then downloaded Dead Space 3, which would not activate. I tried loads of solutions before I finally realised only reactivating my Access subscription worked. So now I have to keep it active until near the end date.

This is a major flaw - cancelling should, as stated keep your account active until the renewal date. Please fix this.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (243 Views)

Re: EA Access Major Flaw

Community Manager

@trigstonThanks for the post and sorry to see that you had some issues with Origin Access. 

I took a look at your account and it all looks good on this end, when you cancelled did you by any chance attempt to cancel the current EA Access sub or just turn off the recurring payment? 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (211 Views)

Re: EA Access Major Flaw

★★★ Newbie
I just cancelled - I'm not sure what button exactly.

When I cancelled, it explicitly said I would be a member until 2019. In addition to this, I was still able to add the games to my library - it was just the activation that was broken.

Everything is good at the moment because I reactivated the subscription. Cancelling it in any way seems to break the activation server.
Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)