Dysfunctional Game

by CoffeeSweaters

Original Post

Dysfunctional Game

★ Novice

This is my last attempt to reach out for help before giving up entirely on The Sims Mobile.

I initially wrote in on July 10th about three separate bugs--not serious bugs, just minor annoyances more than anything. Firstly, despite being at level 28 at this point I could not seem to unlock or access the nightclub. Secondly, my previous generation sims which had left me heirlooms said they did not accomplish anything or leave any heirlooms in the family tree. Given that I did receive the heirlooms, this really didn't bother me too much. And, lastly, whenever I went to promote a sim to be a playable character they would take on a shrunken avatar form and I would have to exit my game completely and then restart at which point the sim would be controllable and would be normal in appearance. I conveyed all of this information in my first message and received the case number 42292740. 

I provided my Player ID and details about my internet connection and phone that I use to play the game. I used the help function in the side menu to write in about these bugs. 

The first reply from EA, in summary, asked which heirlooms had been left to me by the previous generation sims and whether I had paid to unlock the nightclub or not yet. I wrote that I did not recall which specific heirlooms I had received or whether I had unlocked the nightclub as it had been some time since I had retired that generation and since I passed level 23. I apologized for not knowing and once again provided my player ID. The person originally replying to my help request said each of these issues were quite unique and that they had not received any reports of these bugs previously. I sent hyperlinks to the forums where I originally saw that other people were experiencing these issues and provided screenshots as requested. 

At this point, a new help person responded and told me to try performing troubleshooting steps which included:

"- Make sure your device is up-to-date
- Make sure your app is up-to-date
- Restart the app
- Close background apps
- Power cycle your phone
- Clear your cache to check if you're synced properly
- Re-install app (Sync your EA Account to Facebook and Game Center to prevent game loss if you have to reinstall your game)"

I attached my game to my facebook and EA account and then performed each of these steps. When I got everything set up again I attempted to download my save file from the cloud... and this is where the dysfunction comes in....

The first sim I ever created is stuck in the tutorial, grey hair and all, with no way to progress forward. I can see my level 29 progress and the 57 leftover lemon slices from the summer quest so I have hope that my game file is still somewhere. I wrote in to describe the predicament and I believe there is a misunderstanding or communication issue as all I am being asked is if my issues have been solved and whether I want 25 green heirloom tickets...and I am being asked to post on the forums.

I am--in a few words, extremely frustrated. There has been so much back and forth communication and none of it has been fruitful in solving any of the minor bugs I wrote in about and now my entire save file seems corrupt. I've tried reinstalling the app twice more and even on a different device only to run into the same stuck elder sim I first created. I'm happy to attach screenshots and post correspondence if needed. I can't seem to locate the first message I wrote in to EA with but I have email records of literally everything else as well as screenshots on my phone of my game both before and after it became inaccessible. If anyone can help me, I'd be happy to upload whatever is useful. Otherwise, I have real-world issues I need to handle and this is supposed to be an escape from stress for me not a cause of it and I'll be giving up on the game totally. 

Thank you sincerely,

CoffeeSweaters/Abigail

Message 1 of 4 (304 Views)

Re: Dysfunctional Game

EA app Team

Hi @CoffeeSweaters,

Thanks for such a detailed explanation on what happened, sorry to read you didn't have the best experience. I've checked the case and it definitely looks like there was some kind of misunderstanding there. Frown

Let me try to address all the issues you describe:

1. Night club not unlocking - if you don't get the option to unlock it, it probably means there was an issue with unlocking it. I'll get back to this later.
  2. Text stating your Sim didn't give you an heirloom - although advisers can't help with this one, other players have also reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Family-tree-mentions-no-Heirloom-even-though-there-was-a/... - The game team is aware, but for now, as you realized, you can ignore the text as you will still get your heirlooms.
  3. Sims looking shrunk when promoting them: for this one my recommendation is to keep restarting the game as you have been doing when you promote a Sim. We are also aware, you can join this thread if you want to read other players' experiences: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Sims-dwarf-and-crashes-after-promoting-Sim/m-p/6913116#M6...

The most important one - your progress not being back, and the game being stuck after trying to download from the cloud. I'd recommend opening a new case with our advisers explaining your game didn't download properly when reinstalling your game, and you have a stuck game now.  They will probably check some things on their end and if needed, suggest a rollback of your save game. This might help with the night club issue as well Standard smile

Hope that helps! 

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (242 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Shrunken promoted Sim? It made me laugh, but when I shut down and reopened the app, it took me to the build screen for the promoted Sim. Just a little annoying, but doesn't interfere with gameplay much.

Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

Message 4 of 4 (212 Views)