Dxdiag device hung errors

by steviervaughan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dxdiag device hung errors

★★ Novice

I have been having Dxdiag device hung or reset errors with the new season.
I have played the game since it launched with no problems until now. I can log in, join a trios match, pick my legend, hit the champion screen but then it will crash 20 secs into the dropship.

I can then load the game back up and go right back into the same match and play that whole match (if I have'nt died) with no problems but as soon I start a new game it does the same thing.

I have updated all my drivers, all windows updates are updated, repaired game files, hard uninstalled apex and origin, ran command prompt to fix any errors, fixed any registry problems, reinstalled directx 12. 

I cant figure out anything else to do. I have been in contact with EA live chat but they have been no help. I have run through 6 different fixes with them and nothing has worked

My PC specs are well above recommended and I cant even get it to run on low settings windowed. 

Message 1 of 10 (743 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dxdiag device hung errors

Community Manager

@steviervaughan 

Got it, thanks for giving that a shot!

Have you tried rolling back to any earlier drivers to test and see if that makes a difference? I have seen some cases where using older drivers can help get around this type of error. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (480 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I'm not even getting errors now. It just crashes and freezes my screen now. 

Message 2 of 10 (684 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @steviervaughan

When you've got the chance could you share a DxDiag here so we can take a look? 

For more details on how you can pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 10 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

DxDiag.txt

You will see my game ready driver is outdated on this .txt. I rolled back my driver and was able to play 3 matches before it started crashing again. 

Message 4 of 10 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

New notification just came up when it crashed. This time it said R5apex has been declined access to graphics driver... what is declining access to the driver? Only on the new map though.

Now with worlds edge in rotation it hasnt crashed. Which makes me think its in the game files but i have repaired them and reinstalled them 

Message 5 of 10 (623 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @steviervaughan

I appreciate that! 

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Apex Legends? If anything else running in the background is causing issues with the drivers that may help narrow it down. 

For more info on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (581 Views)

★★ Novice

Nothing new same errors. however it did fix another game haha.

Message 7 of 10 (549 Views)

Community Manager

@steviervaughan 

Got it, thanks for giving that a shot!

Have you tried rolling back to any earlier drivers to test and see if that makes a difference? I have seen some cases where using older drivers can help get around this type of error. 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (481 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm still running into this issue. Just with the storm point map. I have taken my pc to have it redone and still cannot play this map. As soon as it shows the championship squad and starts to load the drop ship it crashes with this dxdiag device hung but only with storm point. I have all my settings as low as they can go and windowed it. 

Last season I was awesome because I could avoid this map like the plague. with this new season i cant even play it anymore due to storm point which sucks as I started streaming on twitch and doing content creation on other platforms the start of last season. I need to find a fix! My computer can run this game on ultra settings no problem so it has to be something in my game files that is causeing the communication problem between the game and my gpu

Message 9 of 10 (335 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @steviervaughan

I'm sorry to hear this is still giving you trouble. 

Have you been keeping an eye on your temperatures and hardware usage while Apex Legends is running? Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary there? 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (207 Views)
Twitter Stream