Re: Dx12 Stutters Firestorm

by MegaCosmic

Original Post

Dx12 Stutters Firestorm

★★★ Apprentice

I had issues with stuttering on DX12. 

You can tell immediately when falling out of the plane there is slight stuttering.

I upgraded my whole system just to play properly and it still does it the same now with a 6700k, 16gb DDR4, gtx 1070 etc.

Used to have  Haswell system

Dx11 is only playable with Future frame rendering and I don't want the input lag.

Message 1 of 7 (714 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @MegaCosmic

Have you tried turning off the Origin in-game Overlay, and any other Overlays you might be using such as Discord or Nvidia GeForce Experience?

I would also check your Frame Rate settings in-game, in Video/Graphics, and make sure it's set to 60 or 120 instead of Unlimited. 

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Apprentice

None of that works, the same on multiple hardware. Tried completely different hardware.

It's probably just the case that I notice it when others don't notice but it defiantly is there.

Message 3 of 7 (659 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MegaCosmic What settings for video are you using ingame? Your CPU is a 4core 8 thread as you know it meets recommended specs so I am thinking this is a video setting more then anything at this point. Try this ..

First step open NVIDIA Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next in NVIDIA control panel go to .. manage 3D settings add BFV and make sure this in in place....

BATTLEFIELD V NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS: Do this if you want

Anistropic filtering: Off
Antialiasing – FXAA: Off
Antialiasing – Gamma correction: Off
Antialiasing – Mode: Off
Antialiasing – Setting: None
Antialiasing – Transparency: Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
Shader Cache: On
Texture filtering – Anistropic sample option: Off
Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Allow
Texture filtering – Quality: High performance
Texture filtering – Trilinear optimization: Off
Threaded optimization: ON
Triple buffering: Off
Vertical sync: Off

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game. and remove g force experience if you have it installed most horrid program and it makes issues.

Next step in game video settings advanced .....

Turn on DX12

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- OFF --you can put this on for a few fps but you will get input lag and makes it more harsh to get a kill.

vertical sync- off

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set everything to custom or low <-- FPS over eye candy.

make sure FX Amount - Low, Ambient occlusion -OFF, Antialiasing post -processing - TAA Low , you canm put mesh quality to high but all others to low or med

Under video Basic ....

motion blur set to 0

Message 4 of 7 (647 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have tried all of that and multiple settings. Other people are also reporting stuttering on DX12.

Liek stated I'm probably just more in tune or aware of it than others.

Can you provide a Frame time graph with MSI afterburner so I can compare?

Message 5 of 7 (606 Views)

★ Guide

Props for the time you put in this, but unfortunately none of these methods will help, because it's coming from the engine code or drivers.
My system is very capable (i7 9700K ~ 5.1GHZ, RTX 2080 ~ 2070Mhz Core, 8000Mhz Memory, 32GB RAM ~3200Mhz), and I also got stutters when DX12 is on. Not to mention the crashes I get when DXR is enabled (currently being fixed by the devs). The methods you explain will probably ease the issues for some people with not that capable systems, but the real problem is the game here.

Just for the record - I also play Metro Exodus on Ultra settings + DXR on Ultra that stresses the GPU way harder than BFV , I can even compare it to a GPU stress tester, haha, and I've never gotten any issues whatsoever. Many issues are still unresolved in BFV.

Message 6 of 7 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MegaCosmic  @_S7ORM-BRINGR  Strange for the stutters as I use DX12 and I don't have stutters in BFV anymore but I also don't play PubG part of Firestorm in BFV  ...  on I9 - 9900K,Trident Z  4266Mhz 32GB,ROG Strix OC 2080Ti. I don't use the DXR eye candy they can keep it I got this card for what it can pull off on a 49in,144hrz screen with the FPS . It could just be a issue with the Pug G mode in BFV as it is so new and broken still as stated by @_S7ORM-BRINGR and he or she has a good point BFV is still messed up no question. I watch my screen like a hawk in game due to new video card and playing with settings still and so far no  stutters on DX12.

Message 7 of 7 (554 Views)