Dust/Fog Mode in Conquest

by saminov14ps

Original Post

Dust/Fog Mode in Conquest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dear EA support,

Most of Battlefield 1 players are annoyed because of this mode not only me as It affects eyes negatively and prevents us to keep playing the game once it's starting during the match.

I've purchased a 4K screen and PlayStation Pro to have a good quality in my game not to keep watching to dust/fog annoys and hurts the eyes as it appears for a long time (over 15 minutes) while playing.

You are kindly requested to resolve this issue and please consider my friends and many Battlefield 1 players' order which is "Removing Dust/Fog Mode"

Sami Alanazi
[edit: phone number removed]
[edit: email address removed]

Best Regards,,
Message 1 of 6 (787 Views)

Re: Dust/Fog Mode in Conquest

★★ Guide
Thank you for your input and reasoning! I agree with you that fog can be a pain and in some cases you can barley see in front of you! But again thanks for your message and hopefully a more high up official will take a look at this!

Thanks,
Zoie
Message 2 of 6 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The idea is to mimic real battle. the only thing i can advise is turn your brightness down in game as this messes with the HUD when you dial up the in game brightness it changes the visual particle effect and makes them brighter, this is where the issue happens. if it is in its natural darker tone it is fine.

In regarding to most BF1 Players i have to disagree weather effect add a new challenge to the game. it is designed for larger maps to change up how people play and force campers to move as it is designed to limit line of sight.

Message 3 of 6 (646 Views)

@saminov14ps

I can understand that in some situations and on some Maps it can be annoying to blay with Fog.

But this is a part of BF1's dynamic weather, and on the other side it's pretty nice that through this each battle feels different and end in an other way.
There can also matches happen without Fog at all. Standard smile

I would advise you to just set up your server browser settings, and equip "Fog Off" together with all your normal settings you use always.
So you can play on Servers where fog will never happen.
These are pobably Server, rented by other players.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 6 (607 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

I personally love the fog/dust in Battlefield 1 it adds another layer of dynamic combat to the game that you can control and something you have to adapt to when it happens.

My two cents. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 6 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
Yea Atic, same for me. I just deal with it, and it makes each battle different! Standard smile

But i can totally understand that it might be kinda annoying to some people if they feel the Fog is too much. Feels like that on some Maps.

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 6 of 6 (544 Views)