During team selection it's showing more controllers when I only have one active

by JNKVRBL

Original Post

Accepted Solution

During team selection it's showing more controllers when I only have one active

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i have connected only 1 controller but game shows 3 controllers this happens only with this game

EA_Blueberry: Changed post title to a better description of the issue

Message 1 of 12 (6,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Player 3

Community Manager

@JNKVRBL 

Do you have your controller assigned to your Gamertag? I'd recommend removing that option under your Xbox controller settings and also check to see if the controller has the latest update.

A power cycle can help clear up strange errors too. Can you let me know if it helps?

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (6,661 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @JNKVRBL 

Do you have 3 active controllers for your system and do you have 3 assigned to a specific PSN account? 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 12 (6,688 Views)

★ Apprentice

no its on Xbox Series S and i have only one acount and only one controler in nhl 21 that shows only one controler sorry english is not mi native language

Message 3 of 12 (6,671 Views)

Community Manager

@JNKVRBL 

Do you have your controller assigned to your Gamertag? I'd recommend removing that option under your Xbox controller settings and also check to see if the controller has the latest update.

A power cycle can help clear up strange errors too. Can you let me know if it helps?

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 12 (6,662 Views)

NHL 22 Ghost Controllers

★ Apprentice

Product: NHL 22
Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use either an Xbox Elite 2 controller, Logitech Harmony Remote or Samsung TV Remote
What happens when the bug occurs? On the "Select Sides" screen, several "Ghost" Controllers appear, taking up slot 1, 2 and sometimes 3. (Those "ghost" controllers are NOT actual controllers and can't be used to play a local multiplayer game)
What do you expect to see? Only the correct number of controllers that are turned on should appear in the list
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Select Sides (For Multiple Players on the same console)
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? DigitalAnvil
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Ongoing issue that is occuring in FIFA 21 and FIFA 22, now it appears in NHL 22 (NHL 21 did NOT have this problem)

Message 5 of 12 (6,712 Views)

Re: NHL 22 Ghost Controllers

Community Manager

@DigitalAnvil 

Check if this issue continues to occur if you use a standard controller with no other USB devices attached, thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 12 (6,708 Views)

Re: NHL 22 Ghost Controllers

★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry If I use the regular non-Elite 2 controller, then instead of 3 ghost controllers, there are only 2 detected (The Logitech Harmony may be taking up 2 slots on its own, similar to the Elite 2 controller).

There are no usb devices attached, all are wireless controllers
Message 7 of 12 (6,706 Views)

★ Apprentice

it helped thanx

Message 8 of 12 (6,616 Views)

★ Apprentice

but today it happen again

Message 9 of 12 (6,585 Views)

Re: During team selection it's showing more controllers when I only have one act

★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that the multiple controller bug happens with Elite2 controllers.  We have another thread open in the general forum with other users experiencing the same issue.  Using a non-elite2 controller resolves the issue, however this bug should be fixed as I'm sure all of us that paid $150 for a better controller would prefer to be able to use it.

Message 10 of 12 (6,502 Views)