Re: Duration of Standard Sessions

by SalixCat

Original Post

Duration of Standard Sessions

★ Guide

I always knew that a Standard Session of either Career/Hobby/Relationship has a maximum duration of 4 hours, provided no special traits or boosts are used. However, i noticed today, that when my sim in the cooking hobby started a standard session, the timer began at 4 hours 24 minutes. I'm pretty sure that timer is never supposed to exceed 4 hours even without boosts. I'd like to know if this is a bug/issue.

Screenshot has been inserted:44E6342C-821C-4F6E-B213-60A080D755B9.jpeg

Message 1 of 9 (557 Views)

Hero

I have just tried a standard relationship event with a Sim who has no special traits and it was exactly 4 hours. We should ask someone else to test this.

Standard hangout relationship.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The question is do you have any of the Headstart items provided for the hobby? If you don't have the Head Start items or traits or Izzy's boosted clothes for that particular trait the time will be the longest available.

Message 3 of 9 (537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I just started a standard with two of my family Sims both with friendly traits with two stars and both had good upbringing trait and both with special Izzy clothing. I believe it was 1 hour and 49 minutes. So traits and clothes matter if you are doing two family Sims.

Message 4 of 9 (535 Views)

★ Guide

@SalixCat thanks for testing! I noticed that when it comes to relationship events, the timer always stays below 4 hours without any boosts etc. If you have a chance could you test with a hobby? I have a feeling it's specific to that.

Message 5 of 9 (520 Views)

★ Guide

@givememore86 thanks for replying. I've always known that the longest time for any kind of standard event should be no more than 4 hours. If i have no headstart items, boosts/traits, the time is not supposed to exceed 4 hours. Standard events are always capped at 4 hours, and Long events at 8 hours. My question is why is it exceeding that.

Message 6 of 9 (518 Views)

Hero

@Mai653 I put in inventory every item that could possibly give a head start and used the basic stove. 

My Sim has good upbringing and cooking trait. The standard shift will take 4 hours 18 minutes to complete.

20190307_174723.png

Message 7 of 9 (495 Views)

★ Guide

@SalixCat thank you so much for testing! So with a 3 star cooking trait and good upbringing trait the standard session still exceeds 4 hours!! Do you think that is normal? Has it always been this way, or i may have missed something!?

Message 8 of 9 (492 Views)

Hero

I honestly don't remember if it was different before. I've had all the items that give a head start for a long time. Sorry I can't be of much help with this.

Maybe someone has screenshots or videos that show how it was some months ago. It's the only thing I can think about atm.

Message 9 of 9 (486 Views)