Re: Driver issues w/BattleFront 2 if you are BootCamping

by fe1pan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Driver issues w/BattleFront 2 if you are BootCamping

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The requirement for the most recent AMD drivers prevents the game from running on a brand new MacBook Pro with Win 10 Boot Camped. Hopefully this will get cleared up but if this is your only machine, don't waste money until this is resolved. 

Messed around by removing drivers, cleaning up drivier install with AMDs tools and installed the most recent Bootcamp drivers 17.10. The control panel version is 17.6 however the driver version is now 17.10. Still reporting that the drivers are 17.6 and the game will not launch. Looks like a bug,

Are there EA people on these forums to help out?

Message 1 of 17 (6,385 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

First, I should apologize for my terrible English as it's not my first language.

To this problem, the easiest solution would be, I personally think, to change the driver version through registry editor.

Open Run, and type in "regedit" to open Registry Editor. Then go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

Under this you will find RadeonSoftwareVersion, and change it to 17.11.2. I didn't test which one exactly Battlefront 2 check before lunching. I personally changed DriverVersion to 22.19.171.257, RadeonSoftwareVersion to 17.11.2, and DriverDate to 11-16-2017.

By the way, I'm running the BootCamp driver issued this June or July, I don't remember.

View in thread

Message 8 of 17 (6,006 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Spent over an hour waiting for chat assistance and walking through steps with EA support. In the end they advised me that the game won’t run on my config. Crazy that a game can’t run on a $3k brand new MBP. Now I’m waiting on chat to get a refund.
Message 2 of 17 (6,192 Views)

★ Novice
Go to bootcampdrivers.com and download the drivers from there. Using iMac 🖥 27” and it works
Message 3 of 17 (6,161 Views)

★ Novice

I have a similar issue except its amd drivers. The game keeps telling me to get 17.7.1 driver when I only have the 17.7.0, I cant get the 17.7.1 though because its not available for my graphics card it only available for the crimson ones which i dont have. my computer is above the minimum requirements so i would be able to play the game easily but since they require a driver only higher end graphic card users can get it kind of makes me upset hopefully they will remove that dumb driver requirement in order to just launch the game either that or amd will let me get the new driver update. if anything if anyone can get me a solution to get past this and launch the game that would be greatly appreciated .

Message 4 of 17 (6,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I am bootcamping from M.2 via USB 3.1. I don't have any issues with Steam or Origins etc but Battlefront 2 is asking AMD Radeon 17.7.1. When I go to load it says hardware cannot be found.

any ideas??? 

Message 5 of 17 (6,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

what exacly is your graphic cards ?

Via the driver package of bootcampdriver , during the intalation it will tells you if you want to install ReLive , did you do it ? If you don't click yes, it may cause problem i think.

Also, evvrything works for me and it works pretty well i have to tell.

Message 6 of 17 (6,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Bro, 
I had a similar issue like the its asking me to update my Intel driver, but the actual issue is that I didn't plug in my display to the actual graphics card, I've been trying to launch the game with the on board card.

so the fix would be:

Plug the Display port to your actual graphics card

Hope this helps, if not try contact the AMD/Nvidia people online they;re were pretty helpful. 

Kind Regards

Pang

Message 7 of 17 (6,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

First, I should apologize for my terrible English as it's not my first language.

To this problem, the easiest solution would be, I personally think, to change the driver version through registry editor.

Open Run, and type in "regedit" to open Registry Editor. Then go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000

Under this you will find RadeonSoftwareVersion, and change it to 17.11.2. I didn't test which one exactly Battlefront 2 check before lunching. I personally changed DriverVersion to 22.19.171.257, RadeonSoftwareVersion to 17.11.2, and DriverDate to 11-16-2017.

By the way, I'm running the BootCamp driver issued this June or July, I don't remember.

Message 8 of 17 (6,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

Since you are running BootCamp, this is what happens if you try to installed a non-BootCamp driver. You can bypass a several things to manually install it, but I strongly recommend against it. Because I installed the most recent driver(the one Battefront 2 requires), its performance was absolutely terrible. So I suggest that you stick to the most recent BootCamp driver as it has the best performance. And I posted a solution earlier today to fake the driver version. Go check it out.

Message 9 of 17 (6,004 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you are using a MacBook Pro Mid-2015 like I am, you are definitely above requirements. I run the game with a resolution of 2560*720(even though everything else is set to low), I can still get 60 FPS. Check out my solution to fake the driver version posted earlier today.

Message 10 of 17 (5,997 Views)