Drifting Broken NFS Heat

by KillerBomb2

Original Post

Re: Drifting Broken NFS Heat

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I did offroad tires, speedcross suspension (super) to get my 180SX mostly into the drift side, added a load of power, offroad diff (offroad = AWD)

And just powerslid/drifted (it power slides and recovers quickly to flick into next corner unlike full drift side/tuning where it will spin out or stay sliding almost like it's pushed like NFS 2015 and payback)

Full throttle and hardly any spinout plus angle and maintained smokyness

In fact, I did better in the intro drift mission using straight offroad parts in my 180SX than the RX7 practice car with it's parts.

Message 31 of 46 (2,708 Views)

★★ Guide
@LockTypeS Perhaps you should look in to YouTube. You can easily drift a FWD vehicle, just yank that E brake and away you go. They are a lot more forgiving with regaining control too.
My credentials, someone who has drifted every vehicle I've ever owned.
F150
Lebaron
Corolla rwd/awd
Wrx
Rio
And a few others that I didn't own.
Message 32 of 46 (2,646 Views)

★★ Guide

I've found the biggest issue is consistency. Sometimes you'll drift like a champ, redo the exact same zone, and be wildly different in results. I've purchased most of the different items for my drift 240, and it refuses to do a steady drift that is anywhere near controllable. It doesn't smoothly do anything, it's a jerking wildly swinging nightmare.

Message 33 of 46 (2,645 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Icarium81 Because the handling is a mix of Grip and B2D.So neither control of Grip nor smooth consistency of B2D work in this style
Message 34 of 46 (2,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 35 of 46 (2,633 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GUCCIxADIDAS I accept both,but they dont work together,hence the rubbish handling of Ghost(Just like Ghost itself,a mix of Criterion/BB)
Message 36 of 46 (2,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can actually change it back to brake drifting in the live tuning.(So much better)

I had heaps of trouble drifting in the beginning but If you find the right car and the right setup Drifting is just as easy(if not too easy). 
Having a full drift setup(Tyre, Suspension) is a must. It slows you down in races but for drift events it is perfect.
My perfect drift car is a Acura NSX(the new one) and it is super easy to drift and control it just like in previous games(except with less speed though). I'd say the drifting feels more rewarding but you aren't gonna be drifting for those long stretches in races so this is exclusively a drifting setup.

Message 37 of 46 (2,531 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's either drift tires or on road

Message 38 of 46 (2,187 Views)

★ Guide

Are you forced to drift in this game to progress? That plus crap KB support in Payback and NFS 2015 is why I've not been able to play a NFS game since Rivals, and I beat Shift btw on Med AI, so it's not me.

Message 39 of 46 (2,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem with nissan gtr
In live settings I switched drift start from throttle(gas) to brake and now can drift with throttle
weird but it works I don't know why

downforce low

Message 40 of 46 (1,974 Views)