Drifting Broken NFS Heat

by KillerBomb2

Original Post

Re: Drifting Broken NFS Heat

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, i have solved the problem (for me). I figured out that when i play with my old ps4 controller i can’t drift. But i have a newer generation of ps4 controller too and that works perfect!

Message 21 of 46 (3,976 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I honestly cannot believe and understand why they have changed the drifting physics from Payback. The reason i really enjoyed payback was because of the ability to drift and to hold that drift while maintaining speed, the whole mechanics were so much better than what it is now. It was also a lot more responsive than Heats version of drifting. I think NFS have taken a huge step back in terms of drifting, it has definitely ruined the experience for me.

Need for Speed/Ghost or whoever it is, i hope you see this response because the drifting issue needs to be sorted ASAP!

Message 22 of 46 (3,939 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is your fix and trust me on this even though it sounds weird ok.

Use a RWD car with Speedcross Suspension, Speedcross Differential and Drag tires, Elite or Super.

No downforce and Steering how you like.

I've been trying lots of different setups.

At first I was going by what looked to be the most straightforward method and was struggling to get good results. Then thought stuff it, let's try the other extreme and was amazed to find it worked like a dream.

Hope this helps guys.

YT T-WILLZ-NZ

Message 23 of 46 (3,876 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KillerBomb2 you have to change the makeup of your car, you need to put on drift tires and drift suspension etc.
Message 24 of 46 (3,871 Views)

★★★ Novice
@HeOfManyGames i feel exactly the same Frown
Message 25 of 46 (3,720 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG...this actually worked for me. I was getting so mad at the game bc I couldn’t get drifting down. This actually grips and holds a drift. Kinda slows it down as well. Going to try to tweak it more but I liked this a lot. Thanks 🙏 

Message 26 of 46 (3,716 Views)

★★★ Novice

They changed the drifting because break to drift (payback) drifting is too simple and requires NO SKILL.  It was one of the most requested features to be removed from NFS as a whole.  Sorry but you are out of luck waiting for that to return.  I agree the drifting needs some tweaking but you can forget about easy drifting going forward.

Message 27 of 46 (3,646 Views)

★★ Novice
@Inurtia This fixed it for me! It's like it doubled the horsepower! Turn off the hair trigger on the Elite controller.
Message 28 of 46 (3,422 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Alright so ive been questioning this myself and have found that you cant drift in a FWD car (i.e Honda Civic, Acura RSX) 

Atleast not from what ive seen. So far ive had zero issues with drifting from using my Acura NSX, Corvette K.S, etc. But once i built my RSX and took it out on the streets to test it, it would not initiate drift. I tried running over 100mph and tried again and nothing, it just hugged the corners. Which this makes me happy because for the first time ever, NFS has eliminated FWD drifting. Honestly you cant drift with FWD unless its raining outside IRL and you hydroplane by accident. 

So if you want a track car, use a FWD

Drift, use AWD (i.e Subaru, EVO) 

Offroad, pick your poison.

Message 29 of 46 (3,179 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hello      I tried many setups.     gas ,   brake,   didn't seem to affect.   after running it with a few setups I learned for me I tune close to 80% on road, and 60% drift.  that is bottom right of the handling box.  with that setup I do the brake method just a tap, but I don't let off the gas, then I flutter the wheel to maintain the drift and flutter the gas to drift more angle when in long turns.  that works for on road setups.

I also find that a full off road setup in the middle between race and drift will drift very well using the same technique.

hope this helps.

Message 30 of 46 (3,124 Views)