Re: Drifting Broken NFS Heat

by hitisrob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Drifting Broken NFS Heat

★ Apprentice

My car refuses to drift. I tried the 2 ways I know to drift, which includes tapping the brake and turning and the new way to drift which is tapping the gas and then holding it down to drift. Neither one works. I checked the setting and nothing changed. Earlier today I was drifting, how come I can't now?

Message 1 of 46 (42,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice
@PerkinjeFibres You know what I think I found out what the problem is: it was depending on the type of handling. This is a huge step from Payback so I was just confused.

View in thread

Message 5 of 46 (42,282 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I find that with the gas option, pound the gas to start the drift then repeatedly hit the gas faster/slower while turning to adjust how much you are drifting. I am struggling to figure out how to drift turning one direction, then switch to the other direction without loosing the drift. 

Message 2 of 46 (42,384 Views)

★ Apprentice
@hitisrob I know how to drift, I'm saying my car just WON'T drift. Every time I'm supposed to drift my car just turns instead
Message 3 of 46 (42,381 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is traction control accidentally turned on?

Message 4 of 46 (42,285 Views)

★ Apprentice
@PerkinjeFibres You know what I think I found out what the problem is: it was depending on the type of handling. This is a huge step from Payback so I was just confused.
Message 5 of 46 (42,283 Views)

★ Novice

In the live tuning menu you can set the drift setting from gas to break. This means you can tap the break trigger to initiate a drift instead! Not sure if it works for all cars but did for my '65 Mustang and K.S. Evo

Message 6 of 46 (42,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue switching back and forth you can feel the computer fighting the car

Message 7 of 46 (42,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Somthing is very off thats for sure. My issue is when im at slow speeds or coasting and not pressing on the gas my car wont turn like...at all. unplayable that way for drift events. Also If I need to turn out of the way of a car last minute and let off the gas and try to turn even at high speeds the car dosent turn like...at all still. Super annoying.

Message 8 of 46 (42,098 Views)

★ Apprentice
@GDUBZ1 The solution is up above... I found out it was the type of tires you have on
Message 9 of 46 (42,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Um. Ok then what tires fixes this ill test it and get back to you because I doubt it. My problem is the car wont turn very well unless you are giving it gas . What type of tire fixes this ? Thanks

Message 10 of 46 (42,077 Views)