Re: Downloads files EVERY time i open app

by pedrula10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Downloads files EVERY time i open app

★ Novice

For some reason, all of a sudden, EVERY time i open PVZ, the files have to download again.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling already and it didn't work.What could be causing this?

Message 1 of 10 (6,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to say that, finally I have found a solution for that! 

All you have to do is just keep a copy of the folder 'file'

Somewhere in your internal memory. Once they ask you to download that 293MB file when u start play, just close the game and replace that folder which u backup before and open the game.... done!

Screenshot_20190817-203310_My Files.jpg

Anyway u have to do this again whenever it ask you to download, until EA find a permanent solution. Thank me later...😊

I am Vinoth. Send me your feedbacks to [edit: email address removed]. 

Thank You.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (5,262 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
Ya me too. I'm on Android. It takes over 2 minutes sometimes and always says something about more awesome stuff is downloading with progress bar at the bottom as if it were doing an update but of course that's not the case. What the heck
Message 2 of 10 (6,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought PVZ heroes have just too many updates recently so I always do the download. But its already past 3 weeks now and every time i open the app it requires to download again a huge file.

I use data and wifi and this is really annoying. I check play store and the last update was June 22, 2018. So i conclude this is an issue already because for weeks i do download/update always, its like twice a week or so. 

Message 3 of 10 (6,065 Views)

Community Manager

@viperslikhThanks for the post. Can I check if you've tried restarting your device or reinstalling the app. Checking for Google Play updates may help too. 

If this has no effect, you may want to check your data management, in case there's some restrictions on background downloads. In some cases this can lead to odd update issues. 

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (6,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This hasn't worked for me.. restarted many times now and keeps downloading updates every day now. Very annoying....

Message 5 of 10 (5,803 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me. Both with samsung s8 and huahei p30 pro.

For me it happens every morning.

I think there's some problem with last android version (probably it free up space, deleting app data) but i didn't find any solution.

See the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/mtqL53ifzeNuQ4166... tomorrow morning i'll resend you the new video as demonstration of what happens.

@EA_David please do not reply "reboot phone" or "reinstall app"... this is not a professional answer and i think we all did it already... Wink

Message 6 of 10 (5,419 Views)

★ Novice
Message 7 of 10 (5,407 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_David no way to avoid this problem. This is not a "simple" problem... i think there's something failing with app data. Probably is corrupted? Or android force it to be erased in some conditions, i really don't know... i try also to disable any kind of "power saving" or "app managing" but nothing changes...
Message 8 of 10 (5,401 Views)

Community Manager

@matteoweb2 

If you go to your phone's settings>Apps and clear the cache for the game does that continue to trigger downloads for it every time you open it up?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 10 (5,396 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to say that, finally I have found a solution for that! 

All you have to do is just keep a copy of the folder 'file'

Somewhere in your internal memory. Once they ask you to download that 293MB file when u start play, just close the game and replace that folder which u backup before and open the game.... done!

Screenshot_20190817-203310_My Files.jpg

Anyway u have to do this again whenever it ask you to download, until EA find a permanent solution. Thank me later...😊

I am Vinoth. Send me your feedbacks to [edit: email address removed]. 

Thank You.

Message 10 of 10 (5,263 Views)