Download incredibly slow

by GandhiKlaus

Original Post

Highlighted

Download incredibly slow

★★★ Newbie

Hey people!

So after a long time away from SWTOR, I decided to try it once more and started downloading it.

I first tried with the regular streaming launcher that is used by default, but encountered the problem that it loaded until 98% without going further.

Then after some googling I changed it to the old launcher, deleted bitraider, enabled p2p and started the download again, but it is infernally slow, I'm getting 3mb/s max, but I'm running a 250mbit/s connection. Everything else works fine, my download speed with other applications is normal. I restarted the router, I flushed the dns, I rebootet the pc, restarted the launcher, nothing works. Opening ports does not work on my router because I've got an ip6 connection.

Appearantly I'm far from alone with this problem and all the suggested fixes just didn't fix it. Any help?
Is there any way to download the game from another mirror or something?

Message 1 of 3 (503 Views)

Re: Download incredibly slow

@GandhiKlaus 

I have found it depends alot on the ISP pathway to the CDN, the CDN is GEO based so check using local dns first up.

I went from iinet as an ISP and getting like 300kb/s - max like 1MB/s for example in one location , moved house and got 11MB/s with telstra using the non streaming launcher

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (449 Views)

Re: Download incredibly slow

★ Apprentice
same
Message 3 of 3 (311 Views)