Re: Download Speed

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Download Speed

★ Novice

I tested my connection on multiple websites.  Confirmed I am getting 70mbs down.  Try to download Battlefield V less than 1mbs.  It took an hour, an hour, to download a 4.38gig update.  This should have taken minutes.  This is unacceptable and is clearly your servers not being able to handle the task set forth for them.  Update your servers or get new ones.

Message 1 of 5 (520 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

We have applied a fix to Origin for patch download speed, that has solved the issue. 

Thank you for your patience. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (415 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It usually does not act this way and should be considered a temporary issue that is being dealt with as we speak. Hope it does not happen to often and that the BFV players will have a glitch-free future ahead of them.

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (492 Views)

★★ Novice

Less than 500kbps, yes i said KBPS, is very unacceptable.

...considering every "other" client out there is receiving files at a rate between 37-72mbps. It's really pissing me off that I have had to wait nearly half the day.

Message 3 of 5 (470 Views)

@BeardedHAAS wrote:

Less than 500kbps, yes i said KBPS, is very unacceptable.

...considering every "other" client out there is receiving files at a rate between 37-72mbps. It's really pissing me off that I have had to wait nearly half the day.

Everyone that I've spoken with has experienced the same issue. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a user level fix for this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 5 (448 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone, 

We have applied a fix to Origin for patch download speed, that has solved the issue. 

Thank you for your patience. 

/Atic 
Message 5 of 5 (416 Views)