Original Post

Accepted Solution

Doors in Kadara Port take ages to open

★★★★ Guide

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Certain doors in Kadara Port take many times longer to open than doors everywhere else.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Land at Kadara Port and start opening doors.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

I know this is the case for me with the following doors:

1) leading from the initial Kadara Port landing site (where you can see the Tempest and travel to the slums) into the main area with the shops, on the first floor

2) same as above, but on the second floor (essentially between Liam's initial position and Peebee's)

3) entering Kralla's Song

4) entering Sloane's chamber

There may be others as well, but those are the ones that I remember. I don't recall any story-related reason for this, and I don't understand why it would be demanded by the game (the Port doesn't strike me as a particularly large area to load). I know that I can fast travel, which is often quicker, and I do just that when I remember how long it will take to open the darn things, but sometimes I just want to go to the darn bar without having to fast travel from one end of the Port to the other to avoid stubborn doors.

I estimate the door-opening time at 4-5 seconds. Yes, we've reached the point where I'm complaining about seconds. But when the doors everywhere else open in a second or less, it's highly noticeable and quickly becomes a drag, especially when I find myself wanting to go back and forth to check on various quests, bug Sloane some more, check up on various squadmates, and have another look in merchant inventories. I'm also posting it here in case it's symptomatic of some larger issue.

Message 1 of 18 (10,287 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Doors in Kadara Port take ages to open

Community Manager

@virtus753 Thanks for the post, as far as I'm aware this is the same for everyone. I know I immediately got which doors you were referring to.

I assume this is working as intended, as not all of the doors in the area are slow, so I assumed it's masking a load screen for the areas which have a lot of NPCs. It may be worth noting that you can use a quick travel terminal at Sloane's to get to the port, as this may save at least a little time. 

If this changes/gets reduced we'll be sure to let folks know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (11,969 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@virtus753 Thanks for the post, as far as I'm aware this is the same for everyone. I know I immediately got which doors you were referring to.

I assume this is working as intended, as not all of the doors in the area are slow, so I assumed it's masking a load screen for the areas which have a lot of NPCs. It may be worth noting that you can use a quick travel terminal at Sloane's to get to the port, as this may save at least a little time. 

If this changes/gets reduced we'll be sure to let folks know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 18 (11,970 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for the quick response! Since it's designed that way I marked it as "resolved".

Message 3 of 18 (10,255 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, even though tis is marked as resolved, i just thought i'd give my input of it. Perhaps a developer missed out a decimal point? If they normally take 0.5 seconds to open but instead take 5 seconds, it's highly likely that they could have put "05" seconds and coppied the data from one door to the other three to save time. Their computer would have ignored the 0 as there was no decimal point so the doors now take 5 seconds each. Im hoping that this is the actual reason as it would be a simple fix, merely adding a decimal point between "05".

Message 4 of 18 (9,334 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@LiamMorris2702 Perhaps you're on to something.

I'll be keeping an eye open for this after the next patch, I'd assume if it was an accident then it'll be fixed then.

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 18 (9,329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry but i dont accept this answer whatsoever. Aya is another location where there are multiple NPC's in a condensed area yet the doors open quicker than on Kadara port...i just think this is yet another half arse excuse from EA/Bioware. Inconsistencies such as this simply should not exist whatsoever and yet here we are consistently reporting it with nothing being done about it...FIX THE DAMN GAME!

Message 6 of 18 (9,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_David Hopefully it will be fixed if it is the case, the only problem though is getting the developers to look into this. Even if they do, this may just be a lower priority as i know there are quests that never start or architects that dont die or a lot of other gamebreaking bugs. Anyway, thanks for taking your time to reply : ).

Message 7 of 18 (9,308 Views)

★ Novice

I always thought that because they were outlaws, their equipment didn't work as well as the Nexus's or others, so naturally their doors would be more wonky, But who knows.

Message 8 of 18 (9,238 Views)

★ Novice

well they use windfarms to power spaceport gl exiles

Message 9 of 18 (7,685 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I think Mackilroy may be right. Remember that Kadara space port was there before the arcs got to andromada. And it looks like it was slapped together with whatever they had so I can go with his answer.
Message 10 of 18 (7,677 Views)