Dolby Vision Black screen FIX

by KrystaGG

Original Post

Dolby Vision Black screen FIX

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

BLACK SCREEN FIX: for you guys. Its simple. Just DDU your driver and do a fresh install of nvidia drivers. Either set color output to auto or RGB Limited. Everytime you get black screen issue just repeat the process. Last time I played and it worked on Andromeda and BF1 was 436 drive. You can spread the news on other forums and games if you will. Dolby Vision game mode FTW!

Message 1 of 6 (3,174 Views)

Issues with dolby vision need for speed heat

★★★★★ Newbie

Fix dolby vision in need for speed heat plz i can't play this game 😭

Message 2 of 6 (3,136 Views)

Re: Dolby Vision Black screen FIX

★★★★★ Apprentice
@KrystaGG I'll try this again and see if I have any luck.
Message 3 of 6 (2,845 Views)

Re: Dolby Vision Black screen FIX

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just confirming that the proposed workaround definitely does not fix my issue. Still get a black screen when Dolby Vision is prompted.

Message 4 of 6 (2,839 Views)

Dolby Vision continuing issues on LG TVs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Several months after release and this black screen issue with NFS Heat still has not been resolved.

Like many others when I go to load the game it triggers Dolby Vision on my LG TV (2016) and all I get is a black screen - with the game running fine (you can hear the sound).

Please provide a HDR option to select HDR 10 over Dolby Vision via a patch.

I have tried various things to fix this issue but none of them work. The closest workaround is setting it to 4:2:2 which disables HDR. This is not good enough.

Message 5 of 6 (2,845 Views)

Re: Dolby Vision continuing issues on LG TVs

★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old issue but I was having the same problem with my LG TV. This is what fixed it for me

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1222680/discussions/0/3154202776536752550/

"Download Custom Resolution Utility. Check at the bottom of the program for Extension blocks. Edit CTA-861 extension block AKA click on it and click edit. In the Data blocks you'll find a load of nifty stuff your monitor is capable of and there you will see dolby vision. Delete it and press OK. You'll need to do a restart after your done. You can revert back to the defaults if you want. It works a charm on my LG UHD tv. Stupid dolby. Thanx to Junglist724 for figuring it out."

Message 6 of 6 (1,740 Views)