Does Password Recovery Work?

by Kalgert

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does Password Recovery Work?

★★★★★ Newbie

So I recently decided to hop back on to SWTOR and see how things are in the game. I forgot my password, so I decided to do a password recovery.

However, it seems that I am not getting any emails to recover my password. Now my Display Name is unchanged (And funnily enough I got an email almost immediately after asking for the Display Name), now I want to get my password back, and I am not getting anything out of it.

I asked for a password recovery quite some time ago, and still nothing. I decided to look for a way to contact support, and apparently I have to be a subscriber to give a call to the help center? That will be hard to accomplish without access to my account.

Is there anything I can do alternatively to get help, or am I the owner of a bricked account?

Sincerely, Kalgert.

Message 1 of 8 (707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does Password Recovery Work?

★★★★★ Newbie
@proxos666

I checked the email that got my display name.I misread the name, and I think I now know why I wasn't getting a password recovery email.

That being said, it's still weird that it seems that my SWTOR account isn't merged with my Origin account. Unless I am able to have multiple accounts tied to one email? Huh, that might be worth investigating.

I'll update this thread if I had any luck now that I properly typed in the display name after misreading it (My bad, sorry!)

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (645 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue, happy to know i'm not the only one...

Message 2 of 8 (681 Views)

@Kalgert  @0Turtle 

Anyone can call swtor support with an account issue.

one thing to keep in mind is your swtor password is tied to your linked origin/ea account password (if you know what the linked account is). 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 8 (663 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Huh, so I can give a call? Curious why it's implied that you have to be a subscriber to be able to get a call in.

And my account is still pre-Origin, as far as I know. At least, the password for Origin doesn't work for SWTOR when I put it in.
Message 4 of 8 (657 Views)

@Kalgert 

You mean this link ? it does say I am a subscriber "or" I have an account problem, anyone can call with account issues.

as to an linked origin/ea account see this link, there will be a linked account you may not know what that account is though at present.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 8 (651 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@proxos666

I checked the email that got my display name.I misread the name, and I think I now know why I wasn't getting a password recovery email.

That being said, it's still weird that it seems that my SWTOR account isn't merged with my Origin account. Unless I am able to have multiple accounts tied to one email? Huh, that might be worth investigating.

I'll update this thread if I had any luck now that I properly typed in the display name after misreading it (My bad, sorry!)
Message 6 of 8 (646 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Aaaaand it's done! Got access to my account now.
Message 7 of 8 (642 Views)

Good news and glad to hear you figured out what was happening 

May The Force Be With You

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 8 (635 Views)