Re: Do u need a PS plus to play this game online?

by Iepurila85

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Are you waiting until its fully installed, and did you fully reboot the PS4?

What location (Country) are you trying from?

To start the game you dont need PS+, you just need an internet connection so you should be able to get into the backyard.

you can also enter a help ticket in help.ea.com

Message 11 of 23 (13,118 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Just bought PvsZ GW 2 yesterday, i have already updated and installed the file. But to my surprise, I can't play because it requires me to subscribe to PS+.

I logged in my psn account but to no avail. Does it really require to subscribe to PS+?

Please advise. If EA devs requires subscription, might as well return it to the store. 

Thanks!

Message 12 of 23 (13,078 Views)

Hi @XavierZack,

The short response is No and Yes at the same time. It depends of what mode you're playing.

Full details:

You will not need Xbox Live Gold or PS+ to play the game. All local play features (solo play and local split screen), can be experienced with an internet connection only. If you want to jump online to play with friends you will require Xbox Live Gold or PS+.

(source)

Hope that helps.

Message 13 of 23 (13,069 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Zoe

Thanks for the info. But I've already read about that that why I'm confused and puzzled why my son can not play the game. Once game is loaded and started, will go the the main menu which we are not able to access due to the message that we need to subscribe to PS +. Please note that we just want to play off line since my son is the one will be using that game. No need for the multiplayer. Solo play or local split screen can not be accessed. There is no option to skip the PS + subscription only accept.

Although we just bought the game a day ago, based on my research this issue has been there since the PvsZ GW2 has been released.

I tried some of the procedures from the previous post but no luck.

Hope you can provide a resolution on this issue.

Message 14 of 23 (13,067 Views)

Hi @XavierZack,

Just to be sure, when you say "playing off line", do you mean without an internet connection or solo play? Because solo play requires to be connected to the internet so the issue could be that in this case. I guess the best way to describe it is to say that PvZ GW2 is a online game that only requires a PS+ subscription to access the multiplayer parts.  But if you are indeed connected to the internet and you still see that error message, it's indeed not normal.

Message 15 of 23 (13,063 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_Zoe,

Sorry for the wrong term you got confused. What im trying to point out on what I said offline is (no subscription to ps + or not using multiplayer. Standard smile peace. Please note that I am connected to internet as always while playing ps4.

Here's the catch, I checked the front and back case. 

Front: Online Multiplayer Only: PlayStation Plus Required.

Back: Multiplayers 2-4 PlayStation Plus Subscription Required.

Per my understanding and base on your previous reply, subscription to ps + is required only if you are going to use the option multiplayer.

Did I bought a game which requires subscription base on the front note? (Online Multiplayer Only: PlayStation Plus Required.)

Is there another version of this game which don't have this note?  (Online Multiplayer Only: PlayStation Plus Required.)

like If Multiplayer: Requires PS+

if Solo: No need for subscription

Thanks

Message 16 of 23 (13,055 Views)

Hi @XavierZack,

It's possible to play the entire game in Single player vs. AI (or in local splitscreen) without a PS+  Membership so if you receive the error message that you need PS+ when trying to access solo mode, that's an issue the studio is aware of and is currently working on resolving.

This thread  contains further details about multiplayer/solo mode.

Hope this helps.

Message 17 of 23 (13,045 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_Zoe,

That's what I've been trying, playing solo mode but can not browse through menu due to the PS+ subscription requiring message.

Any way, I don't think I have any other choice that to buy that crappy subscription. Hope EA  will resolve this issue the soonest as this has been an issue since the GW2 has been released.

Thanks

Message 18 of 23 (13,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Bro, i know it’s been a year and a half but still....this thread is about GW2....which can be played in single and split screen modes without a ps+ membership and with a persistent internet connection!

You have GW1....check the pics you’ve uploaded....! GW1 requires pl+ always!

Thread resolved! Standard smile))))
Message 19 of 23 (12,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Jenni i am from indonesia
Message 20 of 23 (7,885 Views)