Disk w/ update Won't Download Fully - PS5

by va1k1a

Original Post

Disk w/ update Won't Download Fully - PS5

★★ Novice

While installing my disc with the online update on the PS5, the game won't download/ install passed 98%. I get an error message stating something went wrong (Code: CE-100005-6). I have tried factory resetting the console and that did nothing for me. 

Message 1 of 14 (12,134 Views)

Re: Disk w/ update Won't Download Fully - PS5

Community Manager

Hello, @va1k1a 

It looks like this could be hardware related as we're seeing reports about this issue with multiple games. Have you tried contacting Sony support for assistance?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 14 (12,034 Views)

Factory reset solves the 'queued up' issue but not the one where players receieve errors (at least I think).

Do you have an external plugged into the system? I'd recommend unplugging any unnecessary peripherals from your system and trying again. Also, maybe give the disc a clean; shouldn't be much of an issue if you could reach 98% but its worth a shot

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 14 (11,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, i'm having the same problem. I got in contact with sony who eventually told me to get in touch with you. Do you have an answer? If i skip the update, i'm able to install it completely and play it, offline because i can't update it. The problem only occurs after the update, it's like it's trying to re-install the last part of the game.

Message 4 of 14 (11,198 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Jijilespag 

Did you try what was suggested by @TTZ_Dipsy above?

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 14 (11,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo @I have try cleaning the cd many times. I have contacted sony support and try rebuilding the database from safemode, restoring games liscences, restarted my routeur and ps5 (unplugging them for 5 minutes). But nothing worked. They eventually told me they could not help me and to contact ea support. I tried to delete and reinstall the game many times, always with the same issue. There are no external peripheral other than the controller connected to the ps5.

Just to be clear, here's how the game crash. 

Clean the cd --> insert it into the ps5 -> get an error 'can't install' --> boot the game from the ps menu --> optical drive start and the install start, the error disappears --> cancel the update from download menu otherwise it crash the install once completed. --> install complete, i can now play the full game offline. --> install the update with a message saying its complete. --> the game goes back into installation, it get stuck at 97%. I get an error CE-100005-6. I can then only play the option available from while the install is completed. It's like if the game was trying to overwrite the update.

I will be testing with another disk game on friday. It would narrow the option that the optical disk is faulty. I'm still doubtful because, i can install the game without the update.

My last resort is to do a factory reset.

Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 14 (11,120 Views)

Community Manager

@Jijilespag 

Can you try the factory reset? The only other option I can think of is to get the digital version of the game. That way you don't have to install from the disk, but of course that means purchasing the game again. If I hear of any other potential fixes for this, I'll update you here.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 14 (11,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Factory reset did not solve anything. Still the same problem. The issue appears to come from the update. 

Do you have customer support I could call?

Message 8 of 14 (11,060 Views)

Error: 5e44a00c8a234748-0000000000009999-fd38f0bcea19bd3e

★★★ Newbie

Just bought NHL 21 PS4 disk for PS5 and cannot get past the HUT start screen where I enter my team name, abbreviation and open starter pack as it just comes up with the error code above. This has been three days now without a valid response and no effort from EA to try and resolve this problem on my account. 

Message 9 of 14 (11,045 Views)

Community Manager

@Jijilespag 

If required, click the following link to contact an Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Please note the current changes to support: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/temporary-changes-to-support-options/

barry.png
Message 10 of 14 (11,034 Views)