Re: Disconnected with code:net as description. (XBOX ONE)

by liber8mymadne55

Original Post

Disconnected with code:net as description. (XBOX ONE)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

To start, I began playing at the end of season 3 with no lag or connection issues. I have been gradually experiencing a disconnect issue more and more since the end of the last event in season 4. Same goes for sound bugs. But this season it has occurred in about 90% of my games. Randomly throughout a game I get lagged up and booted with the aforementioned error code. I have gone through all of EA's troubleshooting steps in their guide, including uninstall/reinstall with no luck. I haven't connected any new devices to my network and I can monitor the status of my network on my PC when getting this error. I'm getting no interruptions with internet access. My ping is 17ms with 0% packet loss. Resetting my router and the game has no effect. Any ideas where to go next?

I'm wired, I have cycled through the xbox/router in the correct order, and I can also play any other game with 0 lag/disconnect issues for hours. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,005 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @liber8mymadne55.

Have you tried using alternate DNS servers? If not, I would also try this step on your console to see if this improves your situation. From the Xbox One home screen, go to Settings > Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings > Manual. (If Settings doesn't appear on the home screen, select My Games & Apps, then Settings). From there, enter the Primary DNS as "208.67.222.222" and the Secondary DNS as "208.67.220.220". If that doesn't help, try using the google DNS servers which are: primary alt number 8.8.8.8 - secondary alt number 8.8.4.4. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 8 (947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. But, I think I have figured out what could have started causing these issues. Today I began receiving errors that my apps/settings were taking too long to start. Attempts to soft reset, hard reset, or factory reset resulted in system error:E203. Luckily my XBone is still covered under warranty and I will be shipping it out for repairs. I have no idea if it is a hardware or software issue. If they tell me I'll repost it here. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 8 (944 Views)

Community Manager

@liber8mymadne55 

Sounds good! Hopefully that takes care of it, but we'll be here if you still need some help. Good luck!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 8 (940 Views)

Game freezing and kicking me back to the lobby

★★★ Newbie

I am encountering a problem where mid game, my game will just freeze, but after a few seconds it will return me to the game for only a second before fully kicking me back to the lobby, giving me the error code, 'Code:Net'.

This happens almost every game and always happens at the worst times. I am able to join back into the game after I am disconnected but at that point im usually dead. I can still open my Xbox Menu and check that I have a valid internet connection so the problem is not my console or my internet, I have tried restarting both, and of course I still encounter this problem. 

Message 5 of 8 (918 Views)

Game freezes then crashes with code:net

★ Novice

Almost every game I'm playing my freezes then crashes and I get this weird code net,

We got a reconnect that takes ages to work and it's very frustrating I understand I maybe don't have the best graphics card but God 8 gpu ram is a lot, I think a lot of people are having this problem including content creators...

Can we maybe see a fix for it soon?

Message 6 of 8 (852 Views)

Getting Continuous Code:net crashes every 5 minutes in game or lobby

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform: PC
Please specify your platform model. 

- Home desktop
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? 

ucfpaul
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? 

- No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?

-Any legend in Season 6
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? 

-In the lobby and during every game
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. 

Home screen and during every game randomly
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. 

- Just regularly playing the game and while waiting at the menu screen.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? 

- No, not everyone has been having as bad an issue as me.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 

- Had no issues before the last update
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)

- 10/6/20
How often does the bug occur? 

- Every game and during the menu screen.

- Randomly and usually every 2-5 minutes or so. 
How severe is your issue? 

- The game has become nearly unplayable
What happens when the bug occurs? 

- Everyone around me freezes and I'm able to move for a few seconds before I get kicked to a screen that says "Connection to server timed out (code:net). See EA.com/unable-to-connect for additional information"
What should be happening instead? 

- Able to play the game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

- Just play the game

Message 7 of 8 (864 Views)

Re: Game freezing and kicking me back to the lobby

★★★ Newbie

Same! I need to figure this out!

Message 8 of 8 (707 Views)