Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Disconnected FUT Champ

by mehaau

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Disconnected FUT Champ

Community Manager

@TheRealONeil28 

If you're using a cable, I'd suggest trying a different one because the connection to your router is pretty bad. When you have a worst ping of 59 ms, that's not good. It should be around 5 ms. You also have a worst ping of 203 on the 6th hop. That's why you're lagging so much. You could also try updating the firmware on your router. Possibly, it's out of date. 

Message 81 of 212 (290 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I was watching youtube and downloading a game while I did that test so could that be why? lagging wasn't the issues I was having thou the issue was that I was winning games, the opposition would pause, and then id disconnect 

Message 82 of 212 (283 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@TheRealONeil28 

It's possible that could contribute to the high ping time, but it shouldn't be that high. You can try running it again without streaming any media to see if there's a difference.

Message 83 of 212 (277 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Again thou, lagging wasn't the issues I was having thou the issue was that I was winning games, the opposition would pause, and then id disconnect. I've only been disconnecting after my opponent pauses the game

Message 84 of 212 (268 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@TheRealONeil28 

We're not aware of any issues that would cause you to disconnect through pausing. If you want to continue troubleshooting your connection, let me know. Your test shows that your connection is not too good so I'd expect there to be some lag and disconnects.

Message 85 of 212 (249 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have no issue with lagging. and I know you've said ping should be 5 ms but average PING is about 100 m/s and anything below 50 is good. at the start of the game, it's around 50 and I've had no issue with lag. the issue is almost as if someones quitting the game and im getting the loss

Message 86 of 212 (233 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@TheRealONeil28 

The connection to your router should have a ping around 5ms. Your ping to the servers is going to be higher, but when you have such a high ping to your router, it indicates there's a problem. Did you try updating the firmware as I had suggested previously? Also, do you have another ethernet cord you can try?

Message 87 of 212 (229 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I'm only getting like 50 ping in-game thou. the issue I'm having is specifically disconnecting when my opponent pauses the game

Message 88 of 212 (211 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@TheRealONeil28 

50 ms in-game is fine. As far as disconnecting when someone pauses, we're not aware of any issues, but will keep an eye out for it. From what I can see, the reason you'd be disconnecting is due to the high ping with your router.

Message 89 of 212 (205 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

It just seems strange that I'm only disconnecting when the other player is pausing online and there's a glitch   that makes that another person loses the game

Message 90 of 212 (148 Views)
Twitter Stream