Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Disconnected FUT Champ

by mehaau

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Disconnected FUT Champ

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo @I am playing on Xbox one.... and i play on wireless connection since there is no difference between wired connection and wireless in fifa for some odd reason

Message 11 of 212 (613 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Armrz1522 

There is a very big difference between wired and wireless connections. Can you try using a wire or is your router too far away?

Message 12 of 212 (607 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo now it is i had moved it because it didn't make a difference since I only played fifa. Now it's far away so I wouldn't be able to move it I'll just stick to wireless
Message 13 of 212 (603 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

That's probably the issue then. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, you could try opening the ports for FIFA. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Message 14 of 212 (601 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I was 6-1 up and I've been disconnected how is this fair
Message 15 of 212 (560 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@jmw2005jos405 

Was it just the one time or do you disconnect more frequently?

Message 16 of 212 (524 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo more frequently
Message 17 of 212 (517 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@jmw2005jos405 

We should go through some troubleshooting then. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Message 18 of 212 (510 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@mehaau Had this happen to me too, the first games of the Weekend League. I entered the match, got to play like 2 or 3 seconds of the game and then it disconnected, exactly as you described...
Message 19 of 212 (487 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hello, @Dragao_RO 

Does this happen regularly or was it just this last weekend? Did you go through the power cycling steps I suggested previously?

Message 20 of 212 (460 Views)
Twitter Stream