Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Disconnected FUT Champ

by Armrz1522

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disconnected FUT Champ

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was disconnected from 2 matches in the weekend league today. It wouldnt be too bad if not for the fact that I was winning both of these games. But I was given a loss for both of them.

After each disconnection there was a message that usually pops up when the opponent forfeits .

If it wasnt for these 2 disconnections I would have been a rank higher. Can EA not compensate players for this? Its absolutely disgraceful. 

Message 1 of 214 (5,745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there, @mehaau.

We're not able to modify records. The best I can do is troubleshoot your connection. If you're frequently disconnecting, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 214 (5,683 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @mehaau.

We're not able to modify records. The best I can do is troubleshoot your connection. If you're frequently disconnecting, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 214 (5,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have proof of winning my fut champions game and being disconnected as well as counting my game as a loss. What can you do to help me because its not the first time it has happened I filed for help in which no-one helped me as well @EA_Aljo 

Message 3 of 214 (5,650 Views)

Community Manager

@Armrz1522 

The best I can do is troubleshoot your connection. Let me know if you'd like to do that.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 214 (5,620 Views)

★ Apprentice

If this is a connection issue, why is it not showing up in other games or other applications in my home?

The other thing about the FUT Champ disconnects is that unless it is a rage quit that happens after a stoppage in play or a pause, every disconnect while the game is live has happened to me while winning or having just scored a tying goal. That's the part that doesn't make sense. Mine have happened in matches that weren't even laggy.

This weekend was particularly poor. 5 matches were impacted. 4 Wins, 1 that was tied in extra time. That's a massive difference in rewards. This time of season, it is tough to keep the base's attention because everything is winding down. Having connection issues is just going to accelerate the migration until when FIFA 21 comes out

Message 5 of 214 (5,605 Views)

Community Manager

@CharlotteFats 

Every game is different. Just because one is fine, but another is not, it doesn't mean the issue is solely based on that game's servers, code etc. We would need to go through troubleshooting to see if there are any issues. Let me know if you want to do that.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 214 (5,597 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo 

I recently recycled all of the connections and this late in the season, I'm likely winding down playing the game. It's just very disappointing to grind for rewards and have several matches ended with disconnects. I know you guys can't please everyone and I know connectivity has been a huge pain for everyone this year. It's just a little venting since I'm seeing others have similar issues. It seems to be particularly bad this weekend.

I just like to get to 11 wins so I don't have to requalify for FUT Champs. And 5 wins is nearly half that total. I completely understand there's not much you can do,, but please try to appreciate the frustration we're experiencing. I wouldn't complain if the issue was with my connection, but I've had no other problems in video conferencing, other gaming on servers, streaming. I have top equipment because my job requires that I have ideal connectivity. I try to provide balanced feedback for beta and to counterbalance negativity on other message boards and I'm a huge FIFA/FUT fan, playing almost 1500 matches and I'm not even a pro or anything close to it.

it is just frustration coming out

Message 7 of 214 (5,590 Views)

Community Manager

@CharlotteFats 

I definitely get the frustration. We of course hate to see that happen. The best I can do is troubleshoot your connection so just let me know if you want to do that. Thanks.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 214 (5,577 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Well if it will actually help then do it @EA_Aljo ... i agree with @CharlotteFats  connectivity is a big issue even pros talk about button lag and they have way better set ups than a casual player, but none of my connection is wrong for something to happen like that like I needed 1 game to reach my first ever gold 1 and I didn't because of that connection and I have proof if you want me to show you its really disappointing

Message 9 of 214 (5,534 Views)

Community Manager

@Armrz1522 

We'll go through some troubleshooting. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection? What system are you playing on?

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 214 (5,501 Views)
Twitter Stream