Disconnect with code wheel, leaf and cloud in succession

by gpogliano997

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disconnect with code wheel, leaf and cloud in succession

★★ Novice

I'm playing on xbox series x, and for about the last season and a half I've been getting booted from matches with code wheel, then when I try to sign back in I get code leaf, followed by code cloud the next time. After that, I can sign in, but it will never put me back in my match and I get an adandon penalty and matchmaking delay. I have tried forwarding all the recommended ports on my router and am still having the issue. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16 (1,116 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disconnect with code wheel, leaf and cloud in succession

Community Manager

@gpogliano997 

Thanks for giving that a shot. 

Can we also try setting a static IP for your Xbox to see if that helps? The Port Forward website has some instructions on how to set that up. If you're able to give that a shot please let me know if you're still seeing any disconnections afterward. Thanks again!

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 16 (1,004 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @gpogliano997

How is your Xbox connected to the internet? Is it using wifi, or is it connected with a network cable? If it's using wifi, would it be possible to try using a network cable instead? Let me know if that makes any difference with the errors you've been seeing. 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (1,083 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the response. I am hardwired with a network cable, my router/modem is a Netgear nighthawk c7800 combo

Message 3 of 16 (1,071 Views)

Community Manager

@gpogliano997 

Perfect, thanks!

Can we try updating the DNS on your Xbox to see if that helps? I've seen some cases in the past where using a different DNS can make a difference with issues like this. 

You can change the DNS on your Xbox using the steps below: 

1. Open your Xbox Settings
  2. Go to General
  3. Go to Network
  4. Select Advanced Settings
  5. Select DNS Settings
  6. Choose Manual
  7. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but I've also heard that using the public Cloudflare DNS can help. (Primary DNS: 1.1.1.1)
  8. Save the changes. 

Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 4 of 16 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried both variations now and am still experiencing the disconnects

Message 5 of 16 (1,024 Views)

Community Manager

@gpogliano997 

Thanks for giving that a shot. 

Can we also try setting a static IP for your Xbox to see if that helps? The Port Forward website has some instructions on how to set that up. If you're able to give that a shot please let me know if you're still seeing any disconnections afterward. Thanks again!

Kent.png
Message 6 of 16 (1,005 Views)

★★ Novice

My xbox does have a static IP address and still experiencing the issue

Message 7 of 16 (976 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@gpogliano997 What server do you play on?
Message 8 of 16 (891 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Can you please answer me how apex considers someone who has positive points in a ranked game as an intentional DC when it's clearly not? not talking about connection issues...just simply the fact that someone who has positive points loses their kills/assists and positioning. really doesn't make sense to me.
Message 9 of 16 (890 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gpogliano997

Got it, thanks. 

Do you have access to a PC on the same network as your Xbox? If so, could you try running a UOTrace when you've got the chance? That should give us a more detailed look at the connection between your home network and the servers, so if something is happening in between we might be able to spot it. 

You can find more info on how to run the test at the EA Help website. Look for the section on that article titled How to run UOTrace. Once you have the results please attach them here. Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 10 of 16 (827 Views)