Re: Disconnect if two computers in the same home try to play together.

by tomheadie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disconnect if two computers in the same home try to play together.

★★★★ Novice

Connecting with someone in the same house seems to cause connection errors for the host. We have not been able to join a game together but it seems fine if we connect to solo.

Message 1 of 33 (25,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

OK so I found a fix from an old Titanfall 2 issue thread that spoke about NAT types and Nighthawk Routers that appear to be the main router with this issue..  This just worked and my son and I played successfully in 3 matches already.

FROM OLD FORUM:

I solved this issue by going into the nighthawk settings

Advanced > Setup > WAN Setup
Change `Nat Filtering` from `secured` to `open`.

Additionally you can reserve the IP's for the devices on the network that will be playing multiplayer to keep them from changing. This is especially useful if you're on a wireless connection.

Advanced > Setup > LAN Setup
Click the `add` button under the `Address Reservation` section and select the device you want to reserve the local IP for.

Hope that helps some people!!

Cheers!!

View in thread

Message 9 of 33 (25,483 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem.

Message 2 of 33 (25,657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had the same problem except on PS4! Only time loading succeeded Person 1 loaded in as Person 2.

Message 3 of 33 (25,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue on PC. Can join party together but cannot get in a game together. 

Can play solo just fine. 

Message 4 of 33 (25,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My son and I are having the same issue. All we wanted to do was play together tonight!! one of us keeps disconnecting if we try and join a team together.  I remember this being an issue with Titanfall 1 and 2. Really sucks because it doesn't allow families to play together.  At the time I remember Respawn making some public statement about how they made the decision on purpose as to not give anyone a competitive advantage.  But in a team based game this makes no sense!!  I hope they fix it soon so my kids and I can play.  BUMMER For Sure!!!

Message 5 of 33 (25,573 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same problem on Xbox. Can't play with my brother in the same house but can play with other people. Hopefully someone finds a way to fix this.

Message 6 of 33 (25,554 Views)

★★ Novice

Having same issue, Trying to play together but will get Bad Challenge error and drop out

Message 7 of 33 (25,523 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried just joining the game via friends list rather than via an invite and just got in with my roommate! I would recommend giving it a go.

Message 8 of 33 (25,509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK so I found a fix from an old Titanfall 2 issue thread that spoke about NAT types and Nighthawk Routers that appear to be the main router with this issue..  This just worked and my son and I played successfully in 3 matches already.

FROM OLD FORUM:

Additionally you can reserve the IP's for the devices on the network that will be playing multiplayer to keep them from changing. This is especially useful if you're on a wireless connection.

Click the `add` button under the `Address Reservation` section and select the device you want to reserve the local IP for.

Cheers!!

Message 9 of 33 (25,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@DawgoTheHutt wrote:

FROM OLD FORUM:

Cheers!!

Thank you!! This worked for me. 

Message 10 of 33 (24,800 Views)