Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Disconnect from servers during Freeplay

by CHA0SKN1GHT

Original Post

Disconnect from servers during Freeplay

★★★★ Novice

Every time, and I literally mean every time, I am playing Freeplay mission "Tombs of the Legionnaires" I get disconnected from the Anthem Servers and sent back to the main menu and a message just states "Visit ea.com/unable-to-connect"

I'm on xbox one and have the time trial and I have probably lost 3 hours of time because of these disconnects. It also has a pretty nasty habit of resetting my progress and not giving me any loot or materials I have collected either. 

Anyone else?

Anthem™ (8).png

Message 1 of 12 (230 Views)

Re: Disconnect from servers during Freeplay

Hey @CHA0SKN1GHT,

Unfortunately these disconnects/crashes are a known issue, and are still being investigated.

In the meantime, have you tried any of these steps to see if it clears up the issue?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 12 (216 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah tried anything recommended by EA. Nothing helped. Just stinks that I lost so much time on this issue
Message 3 of 12 (207 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am no longer going to purchase Anthem at launch. After repeated disconnects during any activity, losing all gear I had looted before disconnecting, has just absolutely killed wanting this game right now.

I can't support this kind of mess.

Message 4 of 12 (180 Views)

@CHA0SKN1GHT

Sorry to hear about this, I understand it's really frustrating.

However, there will be a "Day one" Patch/Update shortly after the Game gets released on the 22nd.

If you'd like to wait until then and see what happens, I would definitely recommend it, especially if you enjoy the game despite the current issues.

Hope you change your mind and hang in there Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

Message 5 of 12 (178 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's hard to enjoy a loot based game when you don't get loot due to disconnects. The game is technically released now and this kind of issue shouldn't wait until "day 1". Day 1 was 4 days ago for everyone experiencing this.

The idea that companies can release a bug riddled game and then "day 1" patch it is ridiculous. Release your game playable, right now, for me, it completely isn't.

Message 6 of 12 (176 Views)

@CHA0SKN1GHT

I definitely see where you're coming from, trust me.

Like I said, hopefully these issues will be resolved in the Update, and everything will be more enjoyable.

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

Message 7 of 12 (169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well this is a game I'll pass on for now. I've been wanting it to blow me away. It seems like it could, but I'm not wasting money on a chance anymore.

Message 8 of 12 (167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same issue, It's not acceptable to be disconnected so often. Even when we join again our session, we have lost all our previous looted items!!! Impossible to enjoy any fortress run like this

Oh, and I don't think my internet connection is the cause as I have a 1Gb fiber connection.

Message 9 of 12 (134 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same here, lost my exp and who knows what else after DC
Message 10 of 12 (130 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help