Re: DirextX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_D

by Marshennn

Original Post

★★★ Guide

Brand new 3070 and I'm also facing this issue. Updated / rolled back drivers through DDU, updated by BIOS, chipset, anything that had any updates and it's still crashing.

It happens at completely random moments from what I can tell. I've crashed just as I loaded into a new map (exposure), crashed once midway through Exposure, and I've also crashed once just as I returned to the home screen after finishing a round of Kaleidoscope 2.0.

Thankfully this happens just once every few hours 

Message 981 of 1,020 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is absolutely INFURIATING that DICE will not address this. 

Message 982 of 1,020 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

i just installed the bf2042 update. played 1 round and BOOM crashed as was constant before the update... * this game thats why the player base is dead 

Message 983 of 1,020 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

In the last two days I've been trying to play, around 20 rounds ALL of them the game crashed. I reinstalled drivers, checked the GPU clock, disabled XMP from the memories, reinstalled the game..

Message 984 of 1,020 (1,044 Views)

★ Guide

Started playing on launch day till about late November early January with no problems with freezing or blackscreen. Uninstalled the game cuz I got bored. Re installed the game in July and got blackscreen issue after the battlepass screen ended. Pretty obvious they don't know how to fix the problem. This thread is from November yet here we are in August having these problems. It's like DICE doesn't want us playing the game, they want it to die. 

Message 985 of 1,020 (1,020 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They do not appear to care at all. 

Message 986 of 1,020 (925 Views)

★★ Novice

some problem here, i7 10700k - rtx 3080, is impossible finish a game whitout a dx crash error.

Message 987 of 1,020 (903 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@exdhawk Try reset your PC, apparently it`s the only thing that fixed for me
Message 988 of 1,020 (836 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ogabiatti I've done that twice now since the game was launched. Do I have to reset my PC every time the problem occured? That's fxcking nonsense
Message 989 of 1,020 (748 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing is happening for me too after season 1 update. The error is fullly random .I am using a amd 5950x ,asus strix 3080 ti OC ( Factory overclocked) . The error shows after playing 10-15 min

Underclocked GPU ,TdrLevel registry changed ,Reset Windows but nothing helped. It is annoying EA Devs are not atleast acknowledging the issue.

Same issue is also now happening for Other games also like Spider Man Remastered.  May be a NVIDIA issue/ 

I am using corsair RM1000x PSU. Is it sufficient or the issue is happening due to sudden peaks made by RTX cards.

Message 990 of 1,020 (667 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help