Re: DirextX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_D

by GVlXxf

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The procedure posted by MisterGarzok did not work for me; the game still crashes. 

I used the DDU clean-up utility in safe mode, then re-installed the latest driver (516.4) along with PhysX and the audio driver. Did not install GEForce. Started BF and it crashed within 2 minutes.

Message 961 of 1,020 (1,137 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Game still gets GPU hung randomly, tried every known solutiion, driver clean install in safe mode, Bios back to default, new windows installation, soundcard deactivated, Trd registry key settings, GPU driver debug mode 

Message 962 of 1,020 (1,120 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had this same issue a while back. But after I updated my BIOS to the latest version and installed latest chipset drivers, the error is gone and I can run my 3080Ti undervolted with no issues.

Message 963 of 1,020 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For my setup the nvidia debug mode was a solution, it runs now stable:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BF2042-keeps-crashing-randomly-GPU-hung/td-p/11558837/hig...

I think the debug mode forces my GPU to factory defaults and not the factory OC setting from Zotac. BF2042 runs now stable. And i don't know, if driver clean install, registry settings and other things are part of the solution, so try it, you can find the debug mode in den nvidia controll panel --> screen.

Message 964 of 1,020 (989 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PanzaFalk did not work for me
Message 965 of 1,020 (755 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@NapoleonBlownApt Did you also try a driver clean install?
Message 966 of 1,020 (732 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, used DDU, clean install. Called EA. They had me do a "clean boot" where you turn off all non-microsoft services, and also turn off DLSS. Didn't work. Calling back now....

Message 967 of 1,020 (723 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi.. i been having this problem for months now i cant get over the fact they dont seem to care! deffo never buying a battlefield game after this bare in mind i own all via origin and i do mean all but this is the only one to give trouble and all fixes mentioned here do not work its 100% on there side and seems to this day still being ignored and they wonder why they have no player base smdh F#CK EA at this point i might aswell uninstall this thrash game 

Message 968 of 1,020 (556 Views)

★★★ Novice

17930 views on this topic and EA still ignoring it says it all

Message 969 of 1,020 (544 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@diogo_taito the only way and best way is to install the lastest driver that u didnt have such issue.
Message 970 of 1,020 (502 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help