DirectX Error

by KayEnGiAitchTee

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

★★★★ Novice
Barry did you read my post carefully?
I have allready tried everything mentioned in this whole topic!
The fact is that I sold the 2 cars that were affected and I won't use them anymore. Yesterday though, something else happened.
After 2 hours of gameplay and while I was at the tuning shop rolling some parts, the game crashed with no error message and and the screen went black and I couldn't go to the desktop! So I manually restarted the pc and played 3 more hours without error!!!
My lord this game's coding is so poor!!
The devs must really look into this and fix it.
Message 71 of 90 (3,136 Views)

Community Manager

@giokou

Apologies for overlooking that.

Can you generate a new Dxdiag report and post the whole thing here, there may be useful details in there that we can advise you on. Thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 72 of 90 (3,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK here it is.

Message 73 of 90 (3,116 Views)

Community Manager

@giokou

You have several logical hard drives, do you have Origin and your games on C:\ ? Most importantly Origin though.

If your machine is a laptop, it may be worthwhile getting the video drivers supplied by the PC manufacturer

Did you add the video card yourself? Is it in the correct PCI-E slot?

barry.png
Message 74 of 90 (3,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, C is an 120GB ssd and E is an 1TB hdd. I don't have any game installed in C, only win and progs. So Origin is installed in C and NFS in E.

I have a desktop and not a laptop. Yes i added the gpu and yes in the correct PCI-E slot! I am doing this for a lot of years, so it's not the hardware. It's a software issue, because many people have the error and they all have different hardware setups!

FYI though, 12 days ago i changed gpu. Since February 27th when i installed and played the game for the 1st time and till 12 days ago, i had the Radeon HD7950 with no errors at all.

Then i put on the RX 570 correctly (pci, drivers etc) and had no errors for 8 days, it was butter smooth! Then suddenly without me changing anything at all in hardware, the error pops up! I only upgraded the gpu driver to the latest (non optional)!!!

Message 75 of 90 (3,078 Views)

★★★ Novice
if u have intel and nvidia graphics remove the intell driver
Message 76 of 90 (3,070 Views)

★ Novice

Any fix yet? Also, have the same error with an AMD hd6900 GPU.

Message 77 of 90 (2,944 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same issue here. Plus my card does auto overclock (boosting) on it's own and it';s impossible to turn off :D.
Make a patch or a lot of people will start going for refounds. AAA title, but broken. Great. I fixed the CTD on FH3 by forcing Vsync, but NFS Payback is... Different.
Message 78 of 90 (2,707 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same DX issue here launched the game for the first time i got black screen after the movie had to hard reset the predator pinhole second launch i got the DX error tried all solutions the game is set to run on the GTX in the nvidia 3d settings installed DX from the game folder and repaired the redist and still no go Frown

Message 79 of 90 (2,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just updated to the latest nvidia drivers released today and also updated to the latest intel drivers and still the same issue here is the Dxdiag from today and the crash dumps from the game saven on the documents game folder

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 80 of 90 (2,156 Views)