DirectX Error

by KayEnGiAitchTee

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

★ Novice

to jabberwocky.. i done a clean install with 3 different versions of drivers even completely removed all vga drivers through safe mode and installed them completely new. no effect.

and its strange that this direct x error was on dragon age origins, battlefield 1, nfs rivals and nfs payback, these are at least the ones i know of, i have played 3 of the them all without an error only the nfs payback brings me the error. and just a small hint... all these games are from EA/Origin so i think its in the base coding of the games

Message 51 of 90 (3,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem here. I also bought the NFS before Payback and that game gives me no error whatsoever. It's just Payback that does not work.

Message 52 of 90 (3,679 Views)

★★ Novice

Any word on any updates or anything? I've tried everything in this thread and nothing seems to work..

Message 53 of 90 (3,609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi

did you fix the problem i got a similar issue trying to launch battlefield 1. Any ideas on how to resolve the issue. I have a gtx 1060 6gb btw.

Message 54 of 90 (3,518 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Setting this to 2 worked for me in the PROFILEOPTIONS_profile file.

Message 55 of 90 (3,511 Views)

★ Novice

EA can we get some help here!

- clearly multiple people having the same issue. 

Message 56 of 90 (3,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just can't play the game. Screen going to no signal. ok in windowed mode. when are you going to fix this, please?

Message 57 of 90 (3,413 Views)

★ Novice

А у меня нет такого пункаDisappointed

Message 58 of 90 (3,340 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here with ASUS RX 480. Tried every single possible solution mentioned and no, this is not a Win10 issue, since every other title has been working perfectly well (including highly unstable ones) before and after the Creators' update.

We can also clearly see including outside this forum the issue is not AMD or NVIDIA exclusive and some people happen to have it on Win7 systems as well. The age of the GPU doesn't seem to matter much as well.

Looks like a patch is in order ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 59 of 90 (3,316 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I had the same problem yesterday. (18.01.2018) I tried everything that you tried, nothing worked for me either. But as I was just * around in NVIDA Control Panel I noticed that the settings for 3D was set to every game no matter what in a wierd kinda way to explain it. So I set it to "let the program choose". Then the game started slowly and after 2 minutes it was up and running! It looked like NVIDA was forcing the game to run in 3D but my PC couldn't do it, now that the game isn't running in 3D it works fine! Might work for you too? GTX 760 is my card, and I'm running DirectX 12. (W10)

Message 60 of 90 (3,188 Views)