DirectX Error

by KayEnGiAitchTee

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

★★★ Newbie

Also game was running great up until 2 days ago. No video driver updates or any change to the computer. was at least half way thru the game before this started happening.

Message 31 of 90 (3,963 Views)

★★★ Guide

I bought the game a couple of days ago and I'm having the exact same problem with the exact same error.

My specs:

i7 2770 @ 4.5ghz

Z68 chipset motherboard

16gb of RAM

GTX 690 GPU

Despite my aging system, I have been able to get playable FPS, but the game CTD's with the Direct X error.

I have managed to actually reach the airport hangar and hop in the old Mustang before the game crashes, but it usually happens sooner. It's a possibility that it's happening more quickly when the GPU is already hot. When I was able to get that far, my GPU had been idle for quite some time, whereas the other times the game crashed the GPU was warmer.

It's still obviously a problem with the game - I have verified no issues running other games, including NFS 2015.

Message 32 of 90 (3,912 Views)

★★ Novice
My game runs great now!

I just removed my overclocks on my GPU
Message 33 of 90 (3,865 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem, my driver was outdated and the game was randomly crashing (sometimes it didn't and i could play normally for hours) so i updated the drivers, now the game not only crash but also is having a lot of lag that it hadn't before

Message 34 of 90 (3,841 Views)

★★★ Guide

Okay I got the game working. No problems and played for three hours last night.

The DirectX error #38813 existed when running the latest Nvidia driver version 388.31.

I DID NOT do a complete uninstallation, but DID clean install driver version 385.69.

As you may know, Nividia drivers do not always overwrite existing ones if the current versions are the same or newer. So what I ended up with was STILL version 388.31. Somehow, however, everything is working.

This Direct X error # 38813 does not appear to be related to the Windows 10 Fall update. I am running version 1607, not anything newer. It evidently is a problem with the Nvidia drivers and this game alone.

Also, I had no problems running the game WITH multiple displays activated.

As previously stated, by clean installing an older driver version over the top of the newer one, it is now working. It seems like everyone is finding a different solution to the same problem, which unfortunately makes it harder to pinpoint a direct cause. I'm posting this info hoping it helps someone else.

Message 35 of 90 (3,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

"Fall creators" is related to problems with games and it's not 1607 but 1709, Microsoft did a fix and now it's work without dx error for me. This game have a poor optimization, it's a bad quality port. So do the updates people.

Message 36 of 90 (3,803 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have literally the same issue.....feelsbad,cant play nfs payback since 2 weeks ....

Message 37 of 90 (3,638 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Has anybody found a solution? 

Message 38 of 90 (3,486 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can see my post above. Maybe it'll help (?)

I've been playing for hours and still occasionally get a CTD from a DX error, but it's rare, like, 1 crash in 4-5 hours.

Message 39 of 90 (3,463 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed that it happens when I turn on ultra settings (on 4K monitor). On full hd monitor it is ok.

Message 40 of 90 (3,441 Views)