DirectX Error

by KayEnGiAitchTee

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry 

Sadly that didn't work either however, i found the error.

error message is: DirectX function "device -> CreateTexture2D (&texDesc,desc.subResourceCount != 0 ?reinterpret_cast<const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATE*>(desc.sub.ResourceDate) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured. ") GPU: "",Driver:38813. This error is usually cause by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. Also, make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512MB.

Message 11 of 90 (6,257 Views)

Community Manager

@KayEnGiAitchTee

I have seen reports that using older video drivers may help prevent that error. Can you download and perform a clean install of the following driver set and let us know how that goes, thanks.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/119914/en-us

barry.png
Message 12 of 90 (6,223 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry

Installed that driver (382.53) apperently NFS requires at least the 384.94 version or later.

After having (clean) installed that one I launched the game again and I'm still getting the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED however the error function this time is

"Dx11Renderer::tryMap" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

So it's still giving the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED but now just gives another error function instead of the "device -> CreateTexture2D (&texDesc,desc.subResourceCount != 0 ?reinterpret_cast<const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATE*>(desc.sub.ResourceDate) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)" 

Anyhow since I haven't said so before; thanks for all the help so far and I do hope we can resolve this issue!

Message 13 of 90 (6,214 Views)

Community Manager

@KayEnGiAitchTee

Often, especially on newer Windows versions, secondary game installs can be skipped. To eliminate that as a potential cause of your issue please do the following:

Search your game install location for *.exe

Right click and run the three vcredist files and the DXSETUP file as an Administrator and then either run/install or repair depending on what option is available

Once those steps are done, reboot and then retry playing

Again, post your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 14 of 90 (6,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry 

Repaired and reinstalled them and rebooted yet to no avail. Still getting the same error.

Message 15 of 90 (6,206 Views)

★★ Novice
Same here,
Still crashes at startup
Message 16 of 90 (6,162 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello i am an AMD user (gpu) with Win10(r9 fury nitro), and if i set post processing at 2 i have no more directx error. It's clear is that a game issue, not a driver issue if we have the same message with AMD & NVIDIA like the stuttering only in the prologue. Try to erase settings in your document folder (just the settings).

Message 17 of 90 (6,145 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't even get to the prologue, I get the error 10-ish seconds after launch/pressing the start button.

Message 18 of 90 (6,140 Views)

★★ Novice
Any solutions yet ?
Message 19 of 90 (6,068 Views)

★ Apprentice
Nope
Message 20 of 90 (6,063 Views)