Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

DirectX Error Anthem

by xShyShyShyX

Original Post

Re: DirectX Error Anthem

★★★★ Novice

Same here. The error I'm getting is a bit different but turns out the same. Not. Playable. At. All.

Tried pretty much everything.

Message 11 of 45 (6,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Fixed another DirectX issue by Installing game>Update Computer/Restart Computer>Running DXSETUP in the AnthemDemo folder as Admin>Ran Origin as Admin>Game Runs.

Message 12 of 45 (6,117 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yep Still didn't work thanks for trying tho Frown
Message 13 of 45 (6,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Bro I spent 7 hours last night attempting to fix it, I’ve tried updating drivers, installing old drivers to the 3 most recent, I’ve tried launching origin and anthem as administrator, I’ve turned off the in game over lay for every and any app that possible would. I’ve done that thing someone said that worked which require you to move a bunch of files to a different folder and reinstall direct x. I’ve reinstalled direct x tried older and current drivers. I’ve done a clean boot, tried to fix the anthem application through origin, tried to update it, deleted it and reinstalled it TWICE. I made sure my windows update was current. I just bought a NVIDIA GEFORCE 2080 Ti FTW3 so I thought maybe I made a mistake but any other game works flawlessly and super smooth. Oh also I’ve tried to dedicate the GPU to Anthem. Absolutely nothing worked. I am beyond pissed because I have very little free time and yesterday I finally had an opportunity to sit down and relax which got *.
Message 14 of 45 (6,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yea its just [Edit - Admin.] stupid i was looking forward to this game and now that i cant even play the [Edit - Admin.] demo will probs mean i cant play the game when it launches this is really pissing me off as well. They really needs to solve this [Edit - Admin.] cause its not just me that has this problem as you can see from the replys ive got.....

Message 15 of 45 (6,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I feel you man, i mean i expected issue but to not be able to see a single second of even the main menu screen is disappointing. especially when the demo closes after tomorrow and im at work today until tomorrow, so i won't have a chance to even try to solve the problem. and tomorrow ill probably end up spending the remainder of the demo attempting to fix it through customer support and then maybe get 2 hours of game time. I preordered this game over a year ago because i was hyped for it. this is literally the biggest * kill. i prefer blue balls.

Message 16 of 45 (6,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

same exact one i have, but instead of the previous driver its with the current one. and at gives the same error with the driver before the one you have i've tried those 3

Message 17 of 45 (6,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is a problem between EA and Nvidia, how don't we have a game ready driver for Anthem and Nvidia continues offer a free copy when buy a RTX.

Message 18 of 45 (6,045 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had a prob with getting an error with direct x when I opened the demo too.  I'll link a pic of the eror.  But it was weird, I got into the game earlier this morning.  I tried everything listed, then remembered something weird.  when it loaded up, it didn't open on my main screen (27 in 4k), but my secondary (a 23 in 1080p).  When I played this morning, I just unplugged my secondary, and it swapped to my main no problem.  So I tried this again, and the game loaded fine, on my 1080 screen.  hope this helps.  

Message 19 of 45 (6,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

YES! Now as you say it. It was the exact same thing for me!

It used to run once - like unintentionally - when I noticed it's on my secondary 1080p monitor. So I quit the game, changed settings within origin, rebooted the PC and unplugged the 2nd monitor as well as changed the display seetings on W10 desktop to display everything on Screen 1 (which is 4K) and from then on it didn't start.

Unfortunately it doesn't on my - already reconnected - 1080p monitor either anymore...

Message 20 of 45 (6,007 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help