DirectX Crash

by StewartPS

Original Post

DirectX Crash

★★ Novice

Soon as I launch the game, the menu comes up and the game freezes... then get a error message saying "DirextX function "DX11Renderer::map" failed with DXGI+ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occured") without stating the obvious I haven't removed the video card, not even touched it. I can't get to the video menu before it crashes, very weird as I went through the whole opening sequence without any crashes. It's only now that I can advance to multiplayer and tried turning vsync off that it's decided to bring this error up. Managed to turn vsync back on but it's crashing again.

Updated my drivers to the latest, tried reinstalling, origin overlay is disabled, nvidia geforce is disabled as well. Only just managed to get the game working after I couldn't even get to the menu sequence. So far my game time is nearly 2 hours and I actually have played about 5 minutes of that. The othertime constantly debugging various issues. Not best pleased. I must say the intro sequence was awesome though

Message 1 of 2 (330 Views)

Re: DirectX Crash

★★ Novice

UPDATE:

Now I can't even get to the menu again. Just does this weird visual loop of a battleground with music playing in the background. In my eyes, hands down the worst launch to date. Completely unplayable.

Message 2 of 2 (318 Views)