DirectX 12 causing high ping inconsistency and lag to occur

by TheKing0fHeroes

Original Post

DirectX 12 causing high ping inconsistency and lag to occur

★★ Novice

I have been testing to see what was causing my ping to be very inconsistent and spiking. I found that once I disabled DirectX12 and reverted back to DirectX11 these ping and lag issues went away. For some reason DirectX 12 is causing lag which is unfortunate becasue I have better performance in it than DirectX 11.

Message 1 of 4 (2,077 Views)

Re: DirectX 12 causing high ping inconsistency and lag to occur

EA DICE Team

Hey @TheKing0fHeroes, can you play with Dx12 on, activate network graph and then take a screenshot of the network graph so we can see what going on there. When Dx12 is on is any hardware in 100% usage?

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (2,047 Views)

★★ Novice

Here  are two screen shots from different points in the same match. With DX11 my ping was 39 and enabling DX12 gives me this bazaar ping fluctuation 

Message 3 of 4 (2,030 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been struggling with this exact same thing and I think I finally figured out the solution.

Turn off OneDrive.  I'm not sure what would be different between DX11/12 and how OneDrive behaves, maybe something with how shaders are saved or something.  But when I turned off OneDrive my ping immediately went down to what it was in DX11 mode.

Message 4 of 4 (1,989 Views)