Direct X Interal Error Message Installing Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2

by FrugalStreamerYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Direct X Interal Error Message Installing Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When installing Plants Vs. Zombies GW2 I get a pop up Window saying Direct X interal error reported.  The installation then quits.  I've attempted to restart my PC and ran DXDIAG.  No issues were reported.  The restart had the same results as before.  I attempted to re-install Direct X but the updater for Windows 10 said it had the most current version and no update was necessary.  I'm at a loss.  I then went to G:\Program Files\Games\Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2\__Installer and attempted to use the directxsetup.exe to install again.  I also got an error trying that.  I then tried copying those files from PVZ:GW, but still get the same error when I try to install the whole game.  I'm at a loss.

View attachments for system specs and drivers.

Message 1 of 14 (11,637 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Direct X Interal Error Message Installing Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare

★★★ Newbie

5 mintutes ago i have a same problem. And i fix this. You must go to the C:/program files (x86)/origin games/plant's vs zombies garden warfare 2/ _installer/directx/redist and delete all units without DXsetup, dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll. When you do this you must run to the dxsetup with administrator and install directx with this. Now you can install Plant's vs zombies garden warfare 2.

View in thread

Message 12 of 14 (6,883 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@FrugalStreamerYT

Can you let us know if installing the game to C:\ rather than G:\ has the right effect.

Capture4.JPG

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (11,611 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this problem on almost every Origin game I install,  caused by that I install it on a different drive than C: i guess,  to fix that:

1- Reboot your computer if you tried to install your game already.

2- Go to  Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2\__Installer\directx and run DXSETUP.exe and let it install.

3- After it installed, delete all the *.cab files on it.

4- Start Origin and install the game from there.

5- Profit!

Message 3 of 14 (11,589 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did that.  It gave the same error while running the installer.  

Message 4 of 14 (11,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

How can I move it from G drive to C drive without screwing up the key I used.  It's not installed so I can't uninstall it and Origin doesn't give me the option to re-download.

Message 5 of 14 (11,578 Views)

Community Manager

@FrugalStreamerYT

Can you post your Dxdiag report here so we can take a look please: https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 6 of 14 (11,548 Views)

★★★ Novice

My DXDIAG info is attached to the 1st post at the top.

Message 7 of 14 (11,537 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

DxDiag reports consist of HUNDREDS, perhaps thousands, of screens-full of data, not merely a tiny part of that total. 

Message 8 of 14 (11,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

He didn't specify how much he wanted.  At this point I just want to remove it from Origin so I can at least buy the full game.  I can't even do that currently.  After spending 1.5 hours on the phone with a game advisor only to be told it is Microsoft's fault, I'm over trying to fix it.  So, if anyone can tell me how to remove a game from my library that has downloaded but isn't installed yet, I'd appreciate it.

Message 9 of 14 (11,521 Views)

Community Manager

@FrugalStreamerYT

If you have downloaded but not installed an Origin game then it can be deleted from the following location: C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache

barry.png
Message 10 of 14 (11,505 Views)