Re: Differenz in Server performance

by N4v1s

Original Post

Differenz in Server performance

★★ Pro

Hi everyone!

This question is bothering me for quite some time now. Playing Battlefield V my ping to the server varies between 15-25ms depending on where the server is that I´m playing on. So the connection is pretty much perfect. However I still get the feeling that some servers perform differently. On one server the game works perfectly fine and the connection feels good, on another server (still the same ping) the game seems to have desync problems like in early BF4 days. Bullets are not hitting the enemy and I die way behind corners. I can´t find any relation to gamemode or map that I´m playing at that moment.

When this occurs I change the server after 1 or 2 round because it frustrates me and on a different server the game works fine again. I was just wondering if somebody else does experience this.

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @N4v1s, one way to see if you see any issues while playing is activating Network performance Graph. It will show all the network stats you can think of but also Bullet registration vs you and your opponent with network stats.

image.png

Looks like this in game: 

image.png

Let me know if you have any questions. 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 6 (502 Views)

★★ Pro

Thank you for that info. So far I just used the network performance icons ingame, but they didn´t show any problems in these situations. I´m gonna add the network graph from now on, maybe I can find cause of my problems this way.

Message 3 of 6 (497 Views)

EA DICE Team

Let me know if you find anything. Standard smile @N4v1s  

/Atic 

Message 4 of 6 (476 Views)

★★ Pro

So playing today I had that problem again. I have my typical ping and everything should be fine. However the server just feels like if I had a 100+ ping. I´m dying around corner way to late and my shots are not connecting even if they defently should. The information given at the bottom seem to be normal. The only "bad" thing showing is the paket loss of 4.4%, but that is similar on servers, where I don´t have any problems. I don´t really know, what the information means, that I encircled, but those numbers are way higher than they are on "good" servers. Both of those players damaging me in that situation had a ping below 30, so this should be fine. @EA_Atic Can you tell me, what this excately means and if this shows any present problems? Thank you in advance. Standard smile

1.png

Message 5 of 6 (428 Views)

★★ Pro

The same problem still exists. On like 20% of the servers I´m playing, it jsut doesn´t feel right. Dying around corners, dying in one frame and similar problems. It´s the same things that do happen, when you play vs players with a 100+ ping, but in these situations that is not the case.

Message 6 of 6 (361 Views)