Re: Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin bulid

by wicca

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin bulid

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Dear Support,

I had to reinstall my operating system for a Windows PRO 7 64bit ENG version and I tried to reinstall the origin application to download my pre-purchased games but the systems keeps on telling me "Dev: Cert check failed! Check Origin build".

My first problem is that I cannot play with the game that I paid quiet a big money for.

The other major problem is that I cannot remove this windows from the screen so I cannot continue my work that delays all my appointments.

I have already tried to delete temp files but that did not help. The message still appears.

Please try to solve this error by replying to me as soon as possible.

Regards,

Attila Kilian

Message 3 of 28 (31,190 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Note: This post has been temporarily marked as solution with the sole purpose of increasing its visibility.

Hi all,

Mike from Origin Live Operations here. This is an error message from the OriginClientService when it’s validating that both it and the Origin client are signed with the same certificate. In order to help us figure out why this error is occurring, here is some of the info we're looking for:

Have you made any changes to the Origin client recently such as switching between Pre-release/release versions or did you recently install Origin from a disc?

What version numbers are the following files in your directory (right click on the file, select Properties, click Details tab):

Origin.exe - Product Version = ?
OriginClient.dll -Product Version = ?
OriginClientService.exe.- Product version = ?

OriginClientService must run elevated. Are you running security applications that could prevent communication between an elevated and non elevated application?

Are you running an Administrator Windows account or a user leve account with special permissions?
Anything special about what version of Windows you are running? 32 vs 64 bit. service pack level, etc.?

Thanks for your assistance!

View in thread

Message 7 of 28 (31,981 Views)

All Replies

Fifa 13 & Origin installation issues

★★★ Newbie

Hello there wondering if anyone can help with this I get this error when I try to install origin

DEV CERT CHECK FAILED CHECK ORIGIN BUILD

Message 1 of 28 (31,068 Views)

game launcher problem

★ Novice

when i start up the launcher it tell me
DEV: CERT CHECK FAILED! CHECK ORIGIN BUILD.

and it spawn all time and i cant run the origin

Message 2 of 28 (31,055 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Attila,

Please restart your Pc and then before starting Origin, right click the Origin icon and choose "Run as administrator". This should ensure that Origin has all required permissions to run.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 28 (31,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Nils,

Thanks, this seems to work, however I think this kind of error for such a big project and game should never happen.

I'm getting more and more disappointed in EA games and its products. It is an error again.... agian... and agian.

Message 5 of 28 (31,058 Views)

★ Novice

Thank Nills ist work for me thank you Standard smile

Message 6 of 28 (31,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Note: This post has been temporarily marked as solution with the sole purpose of increasing its visibility.

Hi all,

Mike from Origin Live Operations here. This is an error message from the OriginClientService when it’s validating that both it and the Origin client are signed with the same certificate. In order to help us figure out why this error is occurring, here is some of the info we're looking for:

Have you made any changes to the Origin client recently such as switching between Pre-release/release versions or did you recently install Origin from a disc?

What version numbers are the following files in your directory (right click on the file, select Properties, click Details tab):

Origin.exe - Product Version = ?
OriginClient.dll -Product Version = ?
OriginClientService.exe.- Product version = ?

OriginClientService must run elevated. Are you running security applications that could prevent communication between an elevated and non elevated application?

Are you running an Administrator Windows account or a user leve account with special permissions?
Anything special about what version of Windows you are running? 32 vs 64 bit. service pack level, etc.?

Thanks for your assistance!

Message 7 of 28 (31,982 Views)

★★ Novice

Nils' solution of clicking "Run as administrator" is working for me so far.

However, here is the information you asked for so you can pass it on. It might help someone else.

• I haven't made any changes to the Origin client. I downloaded from origin.com/download and followed the directions of the installation wizard.
  • Origin.exe: 9.1.15.109
  • OriginClient.dll: 9.1.15.109
  • OriginClientService.exe: 9.0.0.677
  • As far as I can see, I'm not running any software that would prevent Origin running elevated. 
  • I'm using the administrator account, not a user account.
  • I'm running Windows 7 (64bit), SP1.
Message 8 of 28 (30,795 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Origin.exe - Product Version = 9.2.1.4399
OriginClient.dll -Product Version = 9.3.1.4482
OriginClientService.exe.- Product version = 9.3.1.4482

i cant play sim city heeelp.

I tried running it as an administrator:

Windows 8 Pro 

Intel Core i7.-2670QM CPU @ 2.2 GHz

8 GBytes of DDR3 Ram

Intel HD Graphics 3000

Message 9 of 28 (27,221 Views)

★ Novice

I just downloaded an update. And it seems to work now. Atleast its downloading Sim CIty :D

Message 10 of 28 (27,058 Views)