Desktop Icon Battlefield 1

by KaiserMikael

Original Post

Re: Desktop Icon Battlefield 1

★★★ Apprentice

I am also Swedish and there seems to have been even more people that had this issue on Sweclockers, a Swedish forum. Either us Swedes are just really unlucky or maybe it could have something to do with the localization of your PC?

Message 11 of 18 (2,551 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Could be, but EA should be able to solve it.. For )%¤ sakes, Dice is Swedish Standard smile 

Message 12 of 18 (2,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Haha, lovely to see tgat I am not alone with this problem.

I work as an IT engineer and yet I have not been able to solved this problem, starting since Battlefield 3. Had the same problem with Battlefield 4(but that icon looks right today) and now this happens to me for Battlefield 1 aswell! I am also from Sweden, so maybe you're on to something there about our version of Windows? This problem though, did happen to me in Windows 7, 8 and 10.

Funny thing is, if you browse your desktop from "This Computer", does the icon look correct there for you? It does for me, but it looks wrong on the actual desktop itself :P

Message 13 of 18 (2,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same, and it varies if i have large icons, medium or small icons. Small icons it shows correctly, medium and large shows wrong..

Message 14 of 18 (2,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am swedish as well, and it seems that the swedish version of windows is the problem, since i had the english version before and now i reinstalled windows and mistakingly picked swedish instead of english.

Icons worked fine before but now i have the same icons as you guys.

Message 15 of 18 (2,423 Views)

★★★ Novice

SOLUTION:

1. Download the file I've added.

2. Go to this site: http://icoconvert.com/

3. Crop it the way you want.

4. Download.

5. Right click BF1 icon on desktop > Properties > Change icon

6. Find the icon and apply the changes.

Message 16 of 18 (2,047 Views)

★ Novice

This is a problem then using Swedish Windows 10. 

Solve the problem by by changing Windows display language to English.

//Robban

Message 17 of 18 (4,863 Views)

★ Novice

i am also swedish having the same problem i think its somthing with swedish copies 

Message 18 of 18 (1,711 Views)