Re: Delete a guest/underage game account

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Delete a guest/underage game account

★★★ Novice

My then 12-year old son got a new phone (Moto e) for Christmas, but much to his dismay his existing SWGOH game account didn't transfer over.(stupid policy imo but whatever)  His 13th bday was only a couple months away so we waited and got him full adult permission within Google and was able to connect him within his old phone; that account now follows him and we've successfully loaded it onto Chromebooks and I can switch to it on my phone.  However, he had created a fun account on his new phone in January, but that SWGOH client now thinks his 13th b'day is January, 2022(!!!) and won't let us connect to Google Play Games to sync his adult game account.  Even after deleting the app, scrubbing the phones file tree for any EA data, the guest account always reloads as soon as the app is reinstalled!  How do we get rid of that account so the client can recognize him as his true age and connect to his adult game account???  Support tickets just get closed immediately, chat help is non-responsive for hours.

Message 1 of 2 (598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @NSheldon37

I'm sorry to hear that. You're correct, this would need the support team to take a look into. 

For SWGOH and other mobile titles, our support team will need the help tickets to be sent in from the SWGOH account directly. The steps to do so are largely the same with exception to the beginning. This EA Help article will guide you through those steps and help you to generate a Help Ticket from the SWGOH account itself. The contact option is limited to email for mobile support but once the Help tickets been created from the SWGOH account it will route it through to an EA help advisor trained specifically for SWGOH and mobile titles with the necessarily account information the advisor will need to proceed with the case. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (555 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @NSheldon37

I'm sorry to hear that. You're correct, this would need the support team to take a look into. 

For SWGOH and other mobile titles, our support team will need the help tickets to be sent in from the SWGOH account directly. The steps to do so are largely the same with exception to the beginning. This EA Help article will guide you through those steps and help you to generate a Help Ticket from the SWGOH account itself. The contact option is limited to email for mobile support but once the Help tickets been created from the SWGOH account it will route it through to an EA help advisor trained specifically for SWGOH and mobile titles with the necessarily account information the advisor will need to proceed with the case. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (556 Views)