★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo 

Results are attached. 

Message 11 of 20 (285 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Defence is impossible in fifa 20 due to lag

Community Manager

@sarilacicubuklu 

Thank you. Your local node is possibly getting a huge amount of traffic. The connection to your router, but the second hop is the node in your neighborhood. Do you live in a really densely populated area? Your ping jumps really high. That's why you're lagging so much.

Message 12 of 20 (274 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

EA games are infamously laggy (a quick google will show you general feeling) and you're right the pandemic made an already laggy company virtually unconnectable. Do you think that could be the issue?

EDIT : eg pre-pandemic I could sign in fine, the game was just unplayably laggy; During pandemic, sign-in has been an issue, signing in and cards don't display correctly (common and rares are both 'invisible') and the pvp is even worse than the ea norm.

Message 13 of 20 (255 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@EdManLee 

It sounds like you've always had lag with our games. If you want to go through some troubleshooting, let me know. Thanks.

Message 14 of 20 (244 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Ok, just ignore the mass amount of negative feedback about ea connectivity then which you or anyone else can easily google.

As for troubleshooting my setup is as follows :

PS4 Pro (most recent/last release)

Wired connection

Wired PS4 official controller

75 DL / 20 UL Fibre Optic

Open game and PS4 ports

Very little (virtually 0) network traffic.

I've noticed ea have never accepted responsibility for poor connection, it's always someone else's problem despite ea's rep. and all the reports across the internet. You can even check sites like downdetector and see massive spikes in issues while ea's twitter is blaming everyone else.

Message 15 of 20 (232 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@EdManLee 

We always put up a notice when there's a problem with the servers. We have done that many times over the years.

Can you run a UO Trace and get a screenshot fo the results for me? The instructions are here. Make sure you run this on the same wired connection you play on.

Message 16 of 20 (224 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Could you explain why if you "always put up a notice when there's a problem with the servers" your notices don't match the mass reports of issues from other sites?

While we're waiting could you google "most hated gaming company" and explain the results you see?

Message 17 of 20 (214 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@EdManLee 

I'm here to help with support issues and moderate the forums, not discuss events from several years ago.

There are a ton of different variables when it comes to connections. I could also ask the same of you. Have you contacted the sites showing we're down when people are clearly playing and asked them why their data is showing something that doesn't match that?

Message 18 of 20 (205 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I don't live densely populated area. I don't think that the main problem is related with my local connection. I read every day different messages about connection problems in here or social media. I was playing this game with same connection without lag previously. The game is getting worse every day and every patch. I pay money for this game to spent an enjoyable time but I get angry due to the game. I try to play FUT for weekend but I always lost game due to this lag. The main problem is EA Sports.
Message 19 of 20 (120 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@sarilacicubuklu 

Your UO Trace results are showing the problem is with the node in your area. You can try opening the ports for FIFA. It's possible that could help. They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Message 20 of 20 (88 Views)
Twitter Stream