Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Defence is impossible in fifa 20 due to lag

by sarilacicubuklu

Original Post

Highlighted

Defence is impossible in fifa 20 due to lag

★★★★★ Novice

Nowadays, defence is impossible in the game due to lag. This problem showed up after last update and it increases nowadays. When you push to any button for preventing opponents attack, it is not carried out immediately. When it is carried out, opponents celebrates their goals. Result of matches can not determined by your skills, it is determined by lag/delay in the game. 

Message 1 of 20 (345 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi there, @sarilacicubuklu.

It sounds like you're facing input lag. I'll try to help figure out what's going on. First, are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Message 2 of 20 (299 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Aljo,

I was using wireless connection previously but I encountered more connection problems than normal in last month. After this, I started to use wired connection. I tried your advices but problem has not been solved. Lag occurs in the game consistently.
Message 3 of 20 (285 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@sarilacicubuklu 

It's possible this is due to the stain the internet is facing due to the pandemic currently occurring. We can go through some more troubleshooting though. What system are you playing on?

Message 4 of 20 (276 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I am playing on PC.
Message 5 of 20 (268 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@sarilacicubuklu 

Possibly, alternate DNS servers will help. Try the steps here. Let me know if that makes a difference.

Message 6 of 20 (264 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I sometimes play without any problem but lag problem continues generally.
Message 7 of 20 (217 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@sarilacicubuklu 

Can you try opening the ports for FIFA? They are listed here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/. You can get some help with this at www.portforward.com.

Message 8 of 20 (181 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoI have been using these ports but I faced lag problems with these ports too.

Message 9 of 20 (151 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@sarilacicubuklu 

Let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/. Thank you.

Message 10 of 20 (141 Views)
Twitter Stream