by AlexSilver216

Original Post

Defeating the Kett Uncompleted

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I am having trouble with the Eos side quest, defeat(ing?) the Kett. A part of this quest involves assaulting a large Kett installation and switching off a shield system. I understand many players have had issues with this stage of the mission. My specific issue is that I completed this task without first receiving the side quest. I stormed the base, disabled the security, defeated the final boss and turned off the shield system (Although this did not translate to the in game shield being off!). The problem now is that, after receiving the quest, the dialogue options did not anticipate me having already destroyed the installation which was confusing. The quest shows as "Completed" but still shows as having a Nav Point and gives me the final instruction (Disable the Kett power facility)(?) over and over. On top of this, the large shield surrounding the Kett base is NOT down! After fighting through everything a second time, it is now impossible to turn the shield off. I understand that I have completed this 'out of order' but I find it strange that the game did not account for this. The last time I encountered a game not anticipating an objective already being completed was the sword of Umbra quest in The elder scrolls Oblivion, a game which is now a decade old. Is there any fix to this or any tips you could offer? Thank you,
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service? Sky Broadband
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? disable the entirety of the Kett shield facility on Eos without first activating the quest
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI OC
Please enter memory size in GB. 4GB

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug I am having trouble with the Eos side quest, defeat(ing?) the Kett. A part of this quest involves assaulting a large Kett installation and switching off a shield system. I understand many players have had issues with this stage of the mission. My specific issue is that I completed this task without first receiving the side quest. I stormed the base, disabled the security, defeated the final boss and turned off the shield system (Although this did not translate to the in game shield being off!). The problem now is that, after receiving the quest, the dialogue options did not anticipate me having already destroyed the installation which was confusing. The quest shows as "Completed" but still shows as having a Nav Point and gives me the final instruction (Disable the Kett power facility)(?) over and over. On top of this, the large shield surrounding the Kett base is NOT down! After fighting through everything a second time, it is now impossible to turn the shield off. I understand that I have completed this 'out of order' but I find it strange that the game did not account for this. The last time I encountered a game not anticipating an objective already being completed was the sword of Umbra quest in The elder scrolls Oblivion, a game which is now a decade old. Is there any fix to this or any tips you could offer? Thank you,
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Which single-player mode are you playing? Standard.
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 6.88 download mbs 0.67 upload mbs
What company provides your internet service? Sky Broadband
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? disable the entirety of the Kett shield facility on Eos without first activating the quest.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GTX 1050 TI OC
Please enter memory size in GB. 4GB

Message 1 of 1 (109 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help