Re: Dead Email Case

by johnnygunman

Original Post

Dead Email Case

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I've been reading around the forums attempting to resolve an issue regarding my SWTOR one-time passwords being delivered to a dead email. I was able to change my Origin account away from the same dead email and was hoping that SWTOR would follow suit. Recently I read that Origin and SWTOR account details are linked and I wanted to see if I could verify that this was the case for my Origin ID/account.

Furthermore, I have read pretty much every support article regarding dead emails and recovery. I have attempted to contact SWTOR support multiple times as I couldn't remember my display name. During the subsequent calls, I have provided both the correct email and display name that was accurate at the time of account creation. Unfortunately, I am told that there isn't an option to recover the account. I'm aware of the strict policies that are used by SWTOR CS in order to ensure security, but there is most definitely information that I am willing to give that will prove that I am the owner of this account (minus using the dead email for verification). Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DF

Edit 1: I have spoken to SWTOR CS again after discovering my serial activation code for authenticator, however the authenticator has been removed since or possibly even before last I logged in September of 2015 (I logged into a character for old time sake and played less than an hour). I also have client logs from the 2011 and 2012 build of the client launcher as well as a few character names (main and alt character), their classes and the display names of users I played with who I know personally. Unfortunately, unlike other users who have found success with screenshots, I only ever took one photo of myself playing the game which I sent to my brother. I've checked with him and the photo no longer exists.

Final Update: I was able to get my account verified with information unique to the account. It took over 20 phone calls, but I got my account back.

See you all in game!

Message 1 of 2 (814 Views)

Re: Dead Email Case

★★★ Novice

I have essentially the same problem - the email on the swtor account is no longer accessible.

It's pretty frustrating. They say that if the account email is a public domain email like yahoo, hotmail, or gmail, then they can't do anything. But if the old email was a private domain email they claim they could verify the account with other information.

It seems the problem here is that the policy is based on the idea that old public domain emails can be restored, when if fact they can't, at least not gmail accounts.

I'm hoping someone at EA can help.

Message 2 of 2 (694 Views)