Dd3Ddpop3w error message

by biapae

Original Post

Dd3Ddpop3w error message

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have just bought and installed Populous: the Beginning, I clicked on play to launch it and that was fine but then a n error message appeared saying "D3Ddpop3w has stopped working". I have tried running as administrator and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Origin but still isn't working. I' have Windows 8.

Can someone help please?

Message 1 of 10 (4,236 Views)

Re: Dd3Ddpop3w error message

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Try right clicking the Populous icon on the desktop and going to properties. Once you're there go to the compatibility tab and change the format that the game runs in windows xp(SP3) or windows 7, also try disabling the Origin in-game overlay. To do this, click "Origin" in the top left of the client, then Application Settings. Then open the Origin In Game tab and untick the box,  hope this helps.

Solved your question ? ...please hit Accept As Solution on the post they did so others know it worked or have the curtsy to say " Thanks, but it didn't work "

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 10 (4,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This did not work for me whether it did for them or not. Here is my DxDiag ahead of time  

Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) 

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-4200U @ 1.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

DirectX 11

Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60 Hz)

All DirectX features are enabled

Message 3 of 10 (4,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nvm I have found a solution and not sure why I didn't think to do it first, so to any others looking the solution for me was simply patching the game and here is the link. http://www.popre.net/downloads.php?f=1

Message 4 of 10 (4,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Great it works!!!!

Message 5 of 10 (4,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It`s Working...

Message 6 of 10 (2,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem as the original post.  The patch at this link seemed to work.  As of 07 May 2018 the patch is still available, and the link still works.  The game is a little glitchy, but it is 20 years old and I'm running on Windows 10.  

Message 7 of 10 (1,818 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As of 23/02/2019 this patch still hasn't been applied to origin, I had to use the link and patch to fix it. Geez EA.

Message 8 of 10 (1,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
BTW it is now working.
Message 9 of 10 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not working now
Message 10 of 10 (1,394 Views)