Data Center info gathering thread.

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Data Center info gathering thread.

★ Apprentice

The St Louis data center says -1 ping and 100% packet loss. I have hard wired connection. Tested on another type of connection via hotspot same results and EA support keeps blaming it on my ISP. All other data centers looks fine. 

Message 61 of 68 (990 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't been able to play a match without latency issues/lag (and the "connection problem" spedometer logo in the right cofner every single match) for well over 2 weeks. Plus the number of players qued up has been much lower than normal (20 compared to 200,000 for instance) and fills up far slower than before.

Message 62 of 68 (973 Views)

Server issues

★★ Newbie

When I attempt to login to my account it continues to put me on servers that are far from my home and this causes me to lag 

Message 63 of 68 (943 Views)

Am still having this issue after the launch of Season 2! 

When starting the game up, there is a 50-50 chance that it selects a data center really far away from me. I am closest to Amsterdam (which it also says is the best ping and packet loss), but then automatically selects Tokyo or Singapore... Strange

Couple of things I noticed so far:

1. Sometimes when starting the game, I can visually see the game selecting different servers by rapidly changing the text behind "data center: ..." Then after a while it selects the server
  2. After I select Amsterdam manually and play a game, I sometimes still get connected to Tokyo or Singapore, with no option to change it.
  3. The automatic selection seems to favor low packet loss over ping, that is probably why it want me to connect to these servers as they display 0 packet loss while Amsterdam has 4% (which is weird right?)

Anyone else still having this issue?

Message 64 of 68 (935 Views)

Add a fri... data center select option...

★ Novice

EA rly for Christ sake. I'm from middle Europe, and I get data centers like Sao Paulo or Tokyo even if i selected Frankfurt... You know that it makes game unplayable? Just add a option to select data center from in game options... Is that so hard rly?

Message 65 of 68 (943 Views)

Re: Add a fri... data center select option...

Community Manager

@titusroz4 

Moved your post over here. 

We'd like to gather the following info.

• If possible please take a screenshot showing what datacenter you are being put in and if this is different than the one you normally play in, let us know what datacenter you think you should put in.

• Ping info - where are you getting your ping info from?

• For those that are seeing folks from other regions in their games, are they just regular players or spammers? How do you know they are from other regions

Blueberry.png
Message 66 of 68 (929 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@KuchenBear Mobile hotspots can't have all ports open. Every other game is still playable on strict Nat's.
Message 67 of 68 (909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Asia servers either have high ping or high packet loss, its very unplayable i hope they upgrade the servers 

Message 68 of 68 (619 Views)