Re: Data Center info gathering thread.

by mastiffslinger

Original Post

Re: Data Center info gathttering thread.

★★★★ Guide

We shouldn't have to open a bunch of ports just to play this making our connections unsecure. When every other game works fine. They need to fix it so it works like all other games.

Message 41 of 68 (1,298 Views)

Connetion timed out (code:leaf) or (code:wheel)

★ Apprentice

Hi there!
I am from Uzbekistan. And on behalf of all the players of our country, I ask you to help us with our problem.

It’s started on May 20th after update. We’ve got disconnected from the game at the stage of choosing a character.
The progress bar in the character selection menu freezes for a while, then starts moving again. That repeats several times and at the next freezing I’ve got disconnected (Connection timed out. Code: leaf).
If suddenly, by chance (with a probability of 1 or 2 times in 10), we haven’t got disconnected at the character selection stage, we can normally play the game TILL THE END WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

Calls to a technical support from our country are not available, although our neighbors (Russia) say that it’s impossible to solve the problem by phone, because support agents give such primitive tips like "reboot the router, try a different DNS".

We have tried all possible solutions to this problem from your site:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#testconnection

Nothing helps.

Please find attached uotrace and dxdiag.

And the most important question: Why is the destination address for a trace route located in the USA? Why should we check ping and packet loss on US servers if we play on European servers?

Print screen with pings to European servers are attached.
I hope that someone from technical support will read this post and I really hope for help.
Thanks to all.

Message 42 of 68 (1,173 Views)

Community Manager

Per the Respawn Community Manager:

We have a client patch for PC only that is going live this morning to address a few issues:

• Datacenter improvements to make the list easier to understand and use:

• List will be sorted by ping by default.

• The selected data center will be highlighted in orange.

• Focused/hovered data centers will still be highlighted in grey.

• Right clicking a data center will no longer make it look selected

• Right click wouldn't actually select the data center but would still highlight the selection which could be confusing.

• Clients will now send user input to the server at a higher rate.

• Code: Leaf error

• There is still some work to do on our end to nail down what is causing this error. In this patch we’re adding more telemetry to help us identify specifically how this error is being caused. You may start to get a code:net error instead of code:leaf. That is intended and part of the telemetry we added. We’ll be continuing to investigate this issue and it remains a priority.

Why only PC? We want to test these changes before putting them out on all platforms. We’ll be continuing to monitor data and player feedback and if we’re seeing improvement with these changes we’ll roll them out for PS4 and Xbox at the launch of Season 2.

(Source)

Blueberry.png
Message 43 of 68 (1,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

New small patch to fix the data centre has just made it even more * up.

Now 90% of game are putting me and others i play with from the uk onto servers in Sao Paulo Brazil  so high pings /lag and bad hit reg and shots are passing right throw the players as if the server thinks there not there.

Looking more like were beta testing this game

Message 44 of 68 (1,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Now after today patch i have 200 ping in game. I chose eu server(belgium 1 ping 46, all eu servers ping 45-48 0% packet loss) in data center and I watched resource monitor tcp connection in game, and i see all americans ip servers in my tracing. Good job. Now i think delete apex legends

Message 45 of 68 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im on a sony ps4 and it seems as if im being put in the wrong data center automatically, when i check the data center i end up being put in salt lake city even when the data center closer to me (viginia, South Carolina ) have less ping and packet loss. At the same time even when i change the data center before i log in i still experience severe latency and connection issues lag skips frame and frame drops, ive called my ISP and have had my router reset twice but it still seems to be laggy

Message 46 of 68 (1,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Update: I play on PC. This patch fixed the packet loss issue for me very well. Game runs smooth now like it used to before legendary hunt update. Played on weekend about 6 hours and had lag in maybe 1 or 2 matches, so I think it's a big improvement over lagging in every match due to packet loss and latency issue. GGs devs.

Message 47 of 68 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]

Standard server selected is fine, NL & Be servers are fine

I only suffer from very high packet loss that make's the game less enjoyable.

633a80c38f281a56bc77bee8de642e9f.png

EDIT: today i didn't have the red clock symbol but datacenter still look like this

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 48 of 68 (1,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Starting to take the * :-( tonight its joining me and others the japan / US could we please have EU

Message 49 of 68 (1,078 Views)

★★★★ Guide

First of all I do want this came to succeed and thrive. I enjoy playing as do the people I play with.

I live in MN, and for some reason the default data center is always Salt lake for me. I manually change it to one of the Iowa server locations maybe 1 game without code:leaf disconnect. I should state that on the Iowa servers the best ping I see is 44 with no packet loss. To me it seems high as on Fortnite the only time I saw a ping that high with my current network setup was I f I dropped tilted towers at the start of the game. 

Anyways I am seeing random boots in the middle of the game even with setting my data center up this way. I have forwarded ports and done the port triggering as it was connected to certain issues early on in this games life cycle. 

My main reason for writing this post is that the ping rate does seem high as well as the disconnects. 

I should also note I am on PS4 and have a decent understanding of networks and server structure. I do hope that you guys will address this moving into season 2, but it would be nice if we could get some kind of patch that at least corrected some of this.

I wish I would have clipped the video of an end game battle between 4 squads at water treatment, the other teams were skip hopping everywhere. we were just shooting in their general direction hoping to hit where they actually were. It would have been funny, but it cost us the win because there was no way to know where the other teams actually were.

Keep up the updates and please make this into the game we all know it can be.

Message 50 of 68 (930 Views)