Re: Data Center info gathering thread.

by ThanksALOTT

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting insanely high packet loss on all servers just like many others. I never saw such high packet loss numbers before legendary hunt update.

Check out the screenshots. Ignore latency because that's normal for me. My problem is with packet loss which gave me very bad feeling in my stomach just looking at the lag last time I played the game for 2 min. I almost spewed. I just checked right now and it's still there.

Message 11 of 68 (2,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have been using netlimiter 4 to check what server I am connecting to and since the game came out selecting data centers has done nothing. It will put me into matches all over the world and I am in Australia. I even played on EU servers at 500+ ping. 

Another question. Why are you even allowing people to select data centers outside their own region? Does it really make sense that someone in Hungary should be able to select Sydney Australia Data center?

I am thinking your logic with data centers is all wrong.

edit: also put an in-game ping into the game so we don't have to use sites like https://gameserverping.com/

Message 12 of 68 (2,153 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David  My game used to run at 80 fps consistently. but now after the two updates it runs around 40fps in areas like skull town, market, etc. In the past I tweaked my config files to remove shadows which gave me a crazy good fps boost. but now shadows remain. I wont ask about future plans, but Do you believe turning off shadows gives players a competitive advantage and is why the config was removed?

Message 13 of 68 (2,107 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_David Hey. I live in Moscow (Russia). My provider is called 2kom.ru, my Internet speed is 95/94 Mb / s. I turned to my provider for help, they said there was no problem on their part. In almost every game of apex legends, I have high ping and lags, and my friends who live in Moscow are also fine and have ping 40-60, when I have from 90 to 120. There are no problems with ping in Battlefield 5, always stable 40-50 . Please help me, why in apex legends I have such a high ping, why do they give me such bad routes to me?

Message 14 of 68 (2,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi David,

Experiencing severe packet loss over all servers on PC (EU, US, UK servers) - all other games play fine (Overwatch, LoL, Assorted Steam games), and Apex used to play absolutely fine until the last update.

Here's a youtube video showing one typical drop for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqgrW-3idkg&feature=youtu.be

The packet loss network error symbol typically appears around the time of leaving the ship, and is consistently present through all game play (the game is absolutely unplayable in this state - which is unfair for the team when i'm testing the connection). It appears to be so bad I actually can't even exit the game through the menu (Esc > Leave Game) and have to terminate the program manually.

As shown in the attached UOTrace, 0% packet loss over all addresses, attached DXDiag shows PC info. Attached Image shows my default server is London (as expected as i'm ~50 miles from London) and it appears to ping all local servers in a reasonable time with no packet loss.

I previously have had some degree of success connecting to Amsterdam over London, but no longer.

I hope this helps - any updates/advice on getting this fixed would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I've not really experienced any players from other reigons in my games. Seems to be assigning my region properly.

Cheers

Message 15 of 68 (2,029 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_David I can tell you this happened to me on Xbox one after the update. I opened the accessibility tools and did that trick to open the data center menu and picked Oregon 1 a while ago. However, after the latest update came, it assigned me to Salt Lake City. Also, why is this window so secret? why don't you leave the user to select the server with less ping? or at least, why wouldn't you display it at the Start screen? That would be a super helpful info. PC gamers have options to have plugins running to detect network and application stats. Console gamers could use some help here.
Message 16 of 68 (2,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Enjoy https://i.imgur.com/DRnRgZi.jpg

I reside in EUW.

While you're at it, ask why are some people unable to claim Legendary Hunt rewards.

Message 17 of 68 (2,006 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Beaked-up I'm in exactly the same situation as yours.

Message 18 of 68 (1,996 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_David  Please! tell me if shadows can be turned off in the config file! my game used to run sooooo much better before the recent patches, but now im facing 40 fps plz the new commands they let us have dont do much please respond!

Message 19 of 68 (1,910 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hi David, I have to say that since the beginning of Apex these server issues have been quite frustrating. Once I found out that the game doesn't asign you logicly to a data center near your home, I have been waiting every time I boot up the game to choose the Amsterdam data canter since I am from Holland.

However since the new patch I have been getting really bad lag, and the reason is that even though I select Amsterdam I still get put on the Salt Lake City server. I have tested it and confirmed that I get put on the Salt Lake City sever even though I selected the Amsterdam servers...

I don't see the reason why people should get to choose servers that are that far away from their homea, i could play against most of europe but that is already pushing it. Hope this is fixed soon in a permanent matter, it would be nice to be able to see directly what server we play on. This game deserves/needs the best connection possible. The battlefield servers are empty anyways so might as well throw those in Wink
Message 20 of 68 (1,909 Views)